Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E30 IX 15inch Weaves on CL

Posted by JUMPNYC 
February 16, 2010 03:15PM
Someone said they were looking for some straight ones. These just came up on Craigslist.

[newyork.craigslist.org]
February 16, 2010 05:22PM
JUMPNYC
Someone said they were looking for some straight ones. These just came up on Craigslist.

[newyork.craigslist.org]
Thanks!! That was me. I've just emailed the seller to see if he's willing to ship them.

If I keep buying wheels I'm gonna have to start selling some. Between what's on the cars and what's in the garage, I already have 9 sets of wheels. If I get these, this would make 10.

February 16, 2010 09:04PM
Great! I was tempted to scoop them, but i have to sell 2 sets myself before I can justify any more, haha! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!
February 17, 2010 07:07AM
I'm trying to figure out the best way to purchase these iX wheels without having to drive 4 hours to Connecticut. Since they're being sold on Craig's List and not eBay, there aren't any sort of protections built in to online transactions. I'm afraid that I'll send the money and not get the wheels, and he's afraid that he'll send the wheels and not get my money. Which leads me to ask: Is there anyone in or around Fairfield County, CT that would be willing to look at these wheels for me?

I figure that anyone here is more trustworthy than the average Craig's List seller. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

February 22, 2010 02:09PM
Dave_G
JUMPNYC

[newyork.craigslist.org]
Thanks!! That was me. I've just emailed the seller to see if he's willing to ship them.

If I keep buying wheels I'm gonna have to start selling some. Between what's on the cars and what's in the garage, I already have 9 sets of wheels. If I get these, this would make 10.

Nine sets.... Nine sets. you're as bad as this Norwegian I used to know eye rolling smiley these can't be used on anything but an IX, right Dave? I've always thought the offset was too much for normal Thirtys.

Rick
February 22, 2010 02:57PM
rkj
Nine sets.... Nine sets. you're as bad as this Norwegian I used to know eye rolling smiley these can't be used on anything but an IX, right Dave? I've always thought the offset was too much for normal Thirtys.
You are correct. The stock offset for iXs is 41mm. For inferionormal E30s it's something like 23 or 25mm IIRC. You could use iX wheels with spacers, but given their scarcity compared to regular E30 wheels it wouldn't be worth it.

Here's the count (all these sets of tires are on wheels):
iX:
1. Summer tires
2. Winter tires
Wife's Mazda:
3. Summer tires
4. Winter tires
Track car (Miata/MX-5):
5. Street tires
6. Dry tires
7. Rain tires
8. Autocross tires (just sold these since I don't autocross much any more)
9. Second set of dry tires/wheels that I didn't really need but got a great deal on from a friend.

So that's how you get to nine. smiling smiley (Eight now that I just sold a set yesterday.)

Unfortunately I wasn't able to arrange a long-distance purchase of the iX basketweaves. After a day or two of emails exchanged, the seller stopped responding, so I'm guessing he sold them locally. sad smiley My quest for iX basketweaves continues.

BTW, a happy byproduct of having both an iX and a Miata is that they take the exact same wheels (the tire size is one size larger for the iX). So I can (and have) swap wheels if needed.

February 22, 2010 06:30PM
Hmm, makes sense to me. Where are you located in Vermont Dave?
February 22, 2010 06:59PM
rkj
I'm near Middlebury in the Champlain Valley, about half-way up on the west side of the state, sandwiched between the Green Mountains and the Adirondacks.

February 22, 2010 09:23PM
Dave_G
rkj
I'm near Middlebury in the Champlain Valley, about half-way up on the west side of the state, sandwiched between the Green Mountains and the Adirondacks.

Know it well, my daughter is trying to go to Middlebury for her further education smiling smiley I love Vermont, used to ski there often B)
February 23, 2010 04:08AM
I have 8 sets as well, but my 8 are for 4 cars, not 3. Funny how they multiply though, isn't it?

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
February 23, 2010 04:43PM
rkj
Know it well, my daughter is trying to go to Middlebury for her further education smiling smiley
Good luck to her. If she gets in, be sure to stop by and say hi when you go visit. smiling smiley

February 24, 2010 02:13PM
Dave_G
rkj
Know it well, my daughter is trying to go to Middlebury for her further education smiling smiley
Good luck to her. If she gets in, be sure to stop by and say hi when you go visit. smiling smiley

Thanks Dave, I'll be sure to do that if I'm in your neck of the woods, we have a summer cabin in Willsboro, right across the lake from (I think) you, no wait, you're more on the coast I think. Burlington is across the way.

In any event she has been on a long quest to get where she is now and her next fence to jump is three years in law school; she broke me a long time ago, thank goodness she makes good money smileys with beer

Thanks for the invite, I'll try to take you up on it smiling smiley I'd love to make a grand swing to see you, Cab and Ferdinand, now that would be a great road trip ending up in Eastport, Maine at my friends Johns house.

Rick
rkj
February 24, 2010 02:39PM
Oh, I see where you are, below Burlington, sort of next to the lake at a lower part. Vermont is so beautiful, just crossing over the water makes such a difference. Upper new york around where we go is nice, but for the most part, especially in the last ten years, its looking a might depressed eye rolling smiley Vermont. on the other hand has always seemed like another world, and the hills- great skiing thumbs up

Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login