Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where are all the E30's?

Posted by alanrw 
February 14, 2010 09:22AM
So my oldest son was in an accident (he's fine) but my Toyota van was administered last rights. So in the discussion about what the next car will be, he pipes up "what about you giving me the Beemer?" Children are full of flights of fantasy. I just looked at him and said nothing. But it was an interesting idea. So I went to the web and googled BMW E30 For Sale and came up empty. Either these cars have pretty much been crushed or people are hoarding them for the coming apocalypse? As the old folk song intoned, "Where have all the E30's gone............long time passing"

alan
February 14, 2010 12:05PM
I still see a fair number of them around here. Probably because they don't tend to rust away as quickly as eastern cars.
February 14, 2010 01:04PM
A few years ago, there were a potload of them in Southern California.

alan
February 14, 2010 01:29PM
I hope they haven't gone into the cash for clunkers show.
February 16, 2010 08:18AM
Are you looking for a fixerupper or a garage queen? What is your budget? I am thinking about selling my toy for an e46 m3. I think an s54 would satisfy my hp needs very nicely!!

I will also have a 91 318i available FS in the near future, probably in the summer. That may be a bit too far out though!
February 16, 2010 08:47AM
Thanks Woodctr, I think I would want a 84-85 325 as gas milage is a consideration here but my guess is we will end up with a Civic or Corolla.

alan
February 16, 2010 02:35PM
socal is where most of the nice e30s live now. you shouldn't have any trouble finding one. (i actually went to san diego to buy my current one). check your local craiglist as well as the r3vlimited.com classifieds section: [r3vlimited.com]

February 16, 2010 03:43PM
Michiel 318iS
I hope they haven't gone into the cash for clunkers show.

Yeah, I was worried about that too. However I think in San Francisco I see the same # of e30s today as compared to before cash for clunkers. I'm also surprised that I see as many 1980s mid-size American cars as I do. Surely those should have gone to the crusher. Around here I mostly see Japanese, German, American trucks and SUVs - probably similar to most American cities.
February 17, 2010 07:53AM
Wasn't there a lower end on the CFC program? Cars older than X were not redeemable?

alan
rkj
February 19, 2010 07:48PM
alanrw
Thanks Woodctr, I think I would want a 84-85 325 as gas milage is a consideration here but my guess is we will end up with a Civic or Corolla.

alan

That sounds like a more likely and easier car to deal with; an older Bmw can take a lot of time and money.

Good luck, Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login