Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Okay, so what's this "linkedin" thing?

Posted by rkj 
rkj
January 26, 2010 01:48PM
Every-time I turn around somebody is inviting me into another group. I usually decline but this time I accepted, did I screw up?

This guy, who I talked to a few times about a car I had in Hemmings invited me to join his page/site/whatever group thingy so after I looked in to the group (seemed alright and harmless enough) I went ahead and joined, I think some of the people I know (through my email) are members too.

As usual I'm next to clueless confused smiley about all this.

Rick
It's a sort of social networking site, like facebook, but more job-related. Traces back long lost friends, colleagues, job opportunities.
rkj
Michiel 318iS
It's a sort of social networking site, like facebook, but more job-related. Traces back long lost friends, colleagues, job opportunities.

Thanks Michiel, looks like you're right on target, anybody have any experience with this?

Cheers
LinkedIn is more profession(al) oriented in my opinion. For me it's good for staying in touch with people from previous jobs. Also nowadays recruiters and managers looking to fill a position are turning more and more to LinkedIn to find candidates. It's not noisy chatter like Facebook, at least not for me....However, I don't have 'social media craze' and seldom use any of that stuff....
rkj
Michiel 318iS

Thanks Michiel, looks like you're right on target, anybody have any experience with this?

Cheers

Uhh, now those are some real cookies! Choc Chip?

Hi Rick, I'm on LinkedIn. Yes, it is a networking site for business and professional use. Overall, it is pretty good. However, LinkedIn will increase the amount of spam in your e-mail box. The spam is not too bad - maybe once a week. It is basically the only networking site that I use - which is not saying much. I'm also on Plaxo, but not Yahoo. Long ago, one of my super tech savvy pals recommended LinkedIn.If you search for Kelly and Lightswitch (my company's name) I think that you should find me. Cheers. K
rkj
Kelly
rkj
Michiel 318iS

Cheers

Uhh, now those are some real cookies! Choc Chip?

Hi Rick, I'm on LinkedIn. Yes, it is a networking site for business and professional use. Overall, it is pretty good. However, LinkedIn will increase the amount of spam in your e-mail box. The spam is not too bad - maybe once a week. It is basically the only networking site that I use - which is not saying much. I'm also on Plaxo, but not Yahoo. Long ago, one of my super tech savvy pals recommended LinkedIn.If you search for Kelly and Lightswitch (my company's name) I think that you should find me. Cheers. K

Yup, I usually make them oatmeal with dark chips, they are good. The only problem is trying not to eat too many, I have to think of my figure eye rolling smiley these days.

I'll give you a check on linkedin Kelly, thanks for the info everybody smiling smiley

Rick
Those cookies wouldn't stand a chance around my shop! winking smiley
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
Those cookies wouldn't stand a chance around my shop! winking smiley

I knooow, they're sooo good, Janet can't have wheat and the kids are gone.... so that leaves me to take care of bidness B) come on over Peter, I've got the coffee going.

Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login