Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2008 Tall Pines Rally

Posted by Ferdinand 
January 26, 2009 08:10AM
Gaute
Congrats again, Ferdinand. Fantastic effort to win the championship.
What's happening for you guys in '09?
I'm signed up again to co-drive for Martin in his Nissan 240SX. The first event of the 2009 Canadian Rally Championship, the Rallye Perce Neige in Maniwaki, Quebec, Feb 7th.

Christoph and I are entered in Targa Newfoundland this September. We're very excited about that.

Gaute
For us in Norway, the season has already started, but my car isn't ready. I decided to "throw" some money into the engine, hoping to be a bit more competitive this year.
More money is always useful.

Gaute
The Norwegian championship has already gone two of the seven rounds, with nice snowy conditions. Here's a video from yesterdays round from way east in Norway, not far from where the WRC round will be in three weeks: [videos.streetfire.net]
Studded tires sure make a huge difference. It's amazing how fast those guys attack those icy roads! We're not allowed to use studs.

Gaute
Ove has been icetrack-driving this weekend: [www.youtube.com]
That's awesome. Ove is not using studs, correct? But the studded tires of the other cars chew up the ice surface so much that Ove's car looks like it has fabulous grip in the corners anyway.

Our Motorsport Club of Ottawa runs solo timed laps on our winter driving school track, using the parking lot of our local stock car oval track and drag strip (use satellite view). We had our second event yesterday. Christoph's driving was much improved in this second event. He was a little ragged and inconsistent in his runs during the first event, but he finished a solid second in the RWD class behind me yesterday.

We run separate classes for RWD, FWD, and AWD. There are typically only five entries in RWD, so it's not really a fair competition in that class. My objective is to beat as many FWD and AWD cars as possible. In this second event my total time after four runs would have put me 4th out of 27 in the FWD class, and 8th out of 17 in AWD.

Results event #1
Results event #2

This is what our driver training track looks like, with the two different course layouts used yesterday.

January 26, 2009 08:46AM
Ferdinand

That's awesome. Ove is not using studs, correct? But the studded tires of the other cars chew up the ice surface so much that Ove's car looks like it has fabulous grip in the corners anyway.
Correct
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login