Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, well, well...BEN?

Posted by Reelizmpro 
January 14, 2010 02:40AM
I'm shocked that someone (Jaffar?) tried to resurrect the old BEN board. Kinda cool to see some old names. Where are Gustavo Melo and Ove Kvam these days?
January 14, 2010 04:01AM
It's never totally disappeared... The old BEN had some issues that Gus was kind enough to fix for us, but after a few months we were taken over by some Russian site, and Gus fell off the map. I tried several times and several email addresses to get in touch with him, but he was non-responsive. So after a while on the emergency backup BEN site, we struck out on our own, with Dave G taking the bull by the horn and he built this site, which he maintains and pays for on his own, with donations from members helping him out. Hopefully we won't totally disappear for a long time.

As I said, Gus appears to be missing, and Ove hasn't been here in a long time, either. He is active on his Facebook page, but he no longer has an E30 (although he does now have a wife).

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
January 14, 2010 04:59AM
I finally found y'all again! I had been searching off and on, but none of the obvious googly searches found here.
Spending last year as webmaster for the local BMW club kept me busy.

Still playing around with the 318i twins, and the 120i.
January 14, 2010 06:41AM
Welcome back! These messages made me realize that although I had submitted this new site to Google last year, I never really followed up on that, and Google has been slow to pick it up. I've just poked around some more with Google's webmaster tools, and hopefully that will result in more people finding us.

January 14, 2010 05:40PM
Welcome back guys smileys with beer

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login