Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sorry about the absense, but I have a job!

Posted by Earendil 
December 18, 2009 02:39PM
After a little vacation, and a little (unofficial) unemployment, I finally received and replied to an offer letter this week. Monday I'll start as a Software Engineer at a relatively small company in the aerospace engineering industry. While this move does mean that I'll have less time over all, it does mean that I'll be doing more work on my baby, and thus end up around here more often.

I'm currently looking for a small rundown house outside of town, hoping that I can trade newness and good insulation, for a place that has a garage and allows pets. If I can find myself a place with a garage (or someplace besides a duplex parking lot), I should be able to combine the space with a predictable paycheck and get some things done.

In the mean time my baby is still going strong, with no new quirks as she hits the winter snow running (read: spinning out). Tomorrow I'll make a trip from my town to Bellingham, WA, which equates to about 700 miles round trip. I was doing some odometer math the other day and realized I've put in almost 20,000 miles in the last 9 months. Got bless the E30 build :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
congrats! i hope you end up liking your position there.

i guess i need a real job now that i've graduated (as of a few days ago).

Earendil
After a little vacation, and a little (unofficial) unemployment, I finally received and replied to an offer letter this week. Monday I'll start as a Software Engineer at a relatively small company in the aerospace engineering industry. While this move does mean that I'll have less time over all, it does mean that I'll be doing more work on my baby, and thus end up around here more often.

I'm currently looking for a small rundown house outside of town, hoping that I can trade newness and good insulation, for a place that has a garage and allows pets. If I can find myself a place with a garage (or someplace besides a duplex parking lot), I should be able to combine the space with a predictable paycheck and get some things done.

In the mean time my baby is still going strong, with no new quirks as she hits the winter snow running (read: spinning out). Tomorrow I'll make a trip from my town to Bellingham, WA, which equates to about 700 miles round trip. I was doing some odometer math the other day and realized I've put in almost 20,000 miles in the last 9 months. Got bless the E30 build :-)

Congratulations and I'm happy to see that there is still some hope in the high tech electronics/software industry here in NA smileys with beer
rkj
Nice Daniel, good luck thumbs up

Tyler, good luck at the new job. Work hard to make yourself look good thumbs up thumbs up

Cheers, R
daniel
congrats! i hope you end up liking your position there.

i guess i need a real job now that i've graduated (as of a few days ago).

What's the matter; doesn't being a moderator here pay enough? grinning smiley

What are you educated to do now?
Archeo-peteriX

B.A. in economics from lewis & clark college.

i'm not sure that means i'm actually educated to do anything specific, but i'd like to think i can apply what i've learned to something related to business/marketing.

daniel
Archeo-peteriX

i'm not sure that means i'm actually educated to do anything specific, but i'd like to think i can apply what i've learned to something related to business/marketing.

I think you should start with congress...they need some advice about economics! tongue sticking out smiley
daniel
Archeo-peteriX

I gotta tell you we in North America are sadly lacking in people with your educational background. Pleas get that job and help turn things around.
You're young enough and fresh enough that you still have common sense smileys with beer

Good luck snapping up a nice job...and keep the rest of us in mind grinning smiley
wodcutr
daniel
Archeo-peteriX

I think you should start with congress...they need some advice about economics! tongue sticking out smiley

You and I see the same problems...even if they are in two different countries thumbs up
daniel
Archeo-peteriX

You are now qualified to play Peggle professionally!
JUMPNYC
daniel
Archeo-peteriX

You are now qualified to play Peggle professionally!

golly gee i wish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login