Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thanksgiving time.

Posted by Cab Treadway 
November 20, 2009 05:12AM
As we move into the end of the year and I prepare for a bunch of time off (only 8 more days of work for me this year, after today!), I and my family have much for which to be thankful. In a few months, Katelyn (who turns 3 in Feb) is going to be a big sister! We tried to plan for kiddo #2 coming along shortly after I finish grad school, and sure enough, the due date is just about a month after I will finish my classes in mid-May. Mrs. Cab did not really want to have the end of a pregnancy in late summer when it's hot, so a mid-June due date works perfectly for all of us, as far as scheduling goes, anyway. hot smiley

So please think good thoughts for health and well-being of the next little one, as well as my mental state over the next few months. From late Jan through May, I'll be working (more than) full time and taking two graduate courses, with a 3 year old little girl and a pregnant wife at home. I'm sure that will all pale in comparison to life with multiple kids, but it's going to be an interesting few months, to say the least. tongue sticking out smiley

By the way, for those of you who are Facebook friends with me, please don't post anything over there about this. Obviously putting this online is "getting the word out," but it's not exactly the same here as there, and I haven't shared it with "everyone" quite yet. And for those of you who are not my FB friends, why not?!? smiling bouncing smiley

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
November 20, 2009 07:20AM
smileys with beer Congratulations! Kids are blessing and joy

So you know - having two kids is not twice the work as having one (doubling) but rather equation is work = kids^2 smiling smiley
rkj
November 20, 2009 08:33AM
Wow, nice going Cab smileys with beer having three years between the two children is a nice span, my two girls are five years apart and that worked well. I don't understand Igor's math but two are a lot of work but as you've seen with Kate it does get easier....

The time you're going through right now (although hectic as the devil), for me was the happiest time of my life, those two knuckleheads were, and still are, the greatest show on earth! I even stopped riding street bikes for 18 years eye popping smiley

Best to both of you Buddy, Rick
November 20, 2009 06:09PM
rkj
I don't understand Igor's math but two are a lot of work but as you've seen with Kate it does get easier....

oh, I was just saying (and giving Cab heads-up) that having two kids is not double the "work" as having one, but rater its square of number of kids, so 2^2=4 or 4 times the work as having one kid. Failed attempt at being funny I guess. My kids are about 2.5 years apart (4.5 year old and 2 y. old), so this is experience speaking smiling smiley
November 20, 2009 07:44PM
I'm happy for you guys. These will be some of the best years of you life; from a memories point of view. So enjoy the hectic pace and everything that comes with it. Above all else; take lots and lots of pictures so you can relive these heady days when things are calmer smileys with beer

So, a big heart felt congratulations to you and Mrs Cab B)
November 21, 2009 03:41AM
congrats, cab! i'll be sure to post all over your wall about this, now. winking smiley

November 22, 2009 03:47AM
Congratz Cab!
November 25, 2009 10:30AM
Cab Treadway
In a few months, Katelyn (who turns 3 in Feb)...
Wow, has it been three years already? Time sure flies.

Cab Treadway
... is going to be a big sister!)...
Way to go! That's great news.
November 25, 2009 04:17PM
Congrats, Cab! My wife and I also had our second kid as I was finishing up grad school, so I know just what you're going through! (Except in my case, kid #2 came before I finished. Your way is better. smiling smiley) She's now off at college and just turned 18 yesterday. The time flies by. Enjoy those precious years while you have them!

Click here to login