Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Picture of my car on Google

Posted by Jose Pinto 
October 12, 2009 03:55PM
Google (street view) has pictures of my car parked in front of work.
How cool is that?! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

google

People from another company i usually deal with noticed and told me, just took a time to post today.
Mine is the silver Citroen parked under a tree shade.
October 12, 2009 05:07PM
Early this spring there were lots of reports of people seeing the Google mapping vans cruising the streets of Ottawa. I really wanted to see one of those in action.

Instead, I had my back turned when the Google car snuck past behind me and snapped a shot of my butt!
October 12, 2009 05:16PM
Ferdinand
Early this spring there were lots of reports of people seeing the Google mapping vans cruising the streets of Ottawa. I really wanted to see one of those in action.

Instead, I had my back turned when the Google car snuck past behind me and snapped a shot of my butt!

Ha! So which car is my diff living in? It was you that bought that, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2009 05:17PM by ec437.
October 12, 2009 06:12PM
ec437
So which car is my diff living in?
The differential was intended for the black 86 325e. But I never got around to installing it. It's still in its shipping crate.

The black car has since been retired. There are just too many rust issues plaguing it. It would have cost a lot to beat back the rust for a few more years.

For nearly the same amount of money, I bought the red 1990 325is instead.
October 13, 2009 03:43AM
Good one Ferdinand!

Is the black 325 somewhat conserved, or just parked there outside?
Over here it wouldn't be too expensive to rustproof and paint it, perhaps labour is way more expensive where you live.

OTH, the red car looks really great and is a bit newer.

I saw one of those vans some time ago, it was a regular Opel van, with several cameras mounted on the roof rack.
October 13, 2009 04:17PM
Ferdinand

you will now exist on the internet forever.

October 14, 2009 04:57AM
daniel
you will now exist on the internet forever.
I guess it proves what my neighbours say about me. I am always out in my driveway working on my car.
rkj
October 14, 2009 09:24AM
Ferdinand

Nice Ferdy, I'm no expurt but that looks like a fine butt eye popping smiley
October 24, 2009 10:13PM
The camera crew probably got a good laugh out of it. Nice pair of E-30s you have therel.

Bob
October 29, 2009 09:49AM
Ferdinand
ec437
So which car is my diff living in?
The differential was intended for the black 86 325e. But I never got around to installing it. It's still in its shipping crate.

The black car has since been retired. There are just too many rust issues plaguing it. It would have cost a lot to beat back the rust for a few more years.

For nearly the same amount of money, I bought the red 1990 325is instead.

Well its a nice shipping crate anyways.

I just spent $800US fixing rust on my e24... it gets expensive real quick :confused:
October 29, 2009 11:16AM
ec437
Ferdinand

Well its a nice shipping crate anyways.

My wife forced me to clean all the junk out of our garage, so I took the diff and other assorted spare parts to my mechanic to earn some brownie points with him. He was VERY impressed with the shipping crate!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login