Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I don't know what you call this but...

Posted by rkj 
rkj
October 08, 2009 02:15PM
Its like trails for bicycles I think-

[video.telegraph.co.uk]

I've seen competitions but not like this, the ones I've seen are in a confined space with different tables and surfaces that the riders go from one to the other balancing all the while. I wonder what those are called?

Rick
rkj
So, this is; Mountain bike trials, also known as observed trials is a discipline of mountain biking in which the rider attempts to pass through an obstacle course without setting foot to ground.

A new one on me, beautiful to watch i think smiling smiley
rkj
So, this is; Mountain bike trials, also known as observed trials is a discipline of mountain biking in which the rider attempts to pass through an obstacle course without setting foot to ground.

I wonder why they call it that?

None of the bikes we see in these contests even remotely resemble mountain bikes; they are specially made just for this kind of riding/competing eye popping smiley
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj

None of the bikes we see in these contests even remotely resemble mountain bikes; they are specially made just for this kind of riding/competing eye popping smiley

It probably started out with mountain bikes but then, there's always a better way smiling smiley
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj

It probably started out with mountain bikes but then, there's always a better way smiling smiley

You may be right smileys with beer
November 12, 2009 11:15PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj

Yes, quite remarkable really. It also seems like a good use of the UK's neo-brutalist builings. Intriguing that the film clip is quite hopeful overall.

:-) Kelly
You may be right smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login