Enjoy, Rick

perseverance furthers
September 30, 2009 05:45PM
This one jumped out at me grinning smiley
rkj
September 30, 2009 07:08PM
Archeo-peteriX
This one jumped out at me grinning smiley

You're just an old fashion guy Peter, lets see if I can put one of my favorites up here

[funkgarden.com]
October 01, 2009 06:44AM
rkj
lets see if I can put one of my favorites up here

[funkgarden.com]

A friend of mine in high school had a Ducati 900 Super Sport. He was really serious about this bike and had full leathers and helmet in matching blue and silver colour scheme.

We worked together as pump jockeys at a gas station on the highway. Whenever he showed up for work, he'd come roaring off the highway laying this monster bike over from side-to-side threading the long Esses of the highway off-ramp. I still get goose-bumps whenever I see a photo of one of these bikes.

He had custom exhaust pipes on his bike. The OEM pipes shown in this photo swept below the engine. He found the pipes dragged on the ground when the bike was leaned over too far. His custom pipes went up and over the gear case instead.

With the pipes up out of the way, the next things to touch ground were the footpegs. The ends were all beveled off from scraping the road. He made an adapter to raise the footpegs a bit higher. That lasted for only a week before he decided to put them back to stock height, because he scared the crap out of himself. He found he needed the footpegs dragging, like curb-feelers, to tell him when enough was enough.

I never got into street bikes myself. My buddy's Ducati ruined that for me. If I couldn't own a Ducati like this myself, nothing else would do.

October 01, 2009 09:13AM
I was invited to go visit an exhibition set up by a friends gf's father, on Saroléa, a belgian motor company that has now disappeared. There's pictures on their site, I just love the way these old things were put together.

Last summer I was in France in a museum, which houses the Schlumph collection. Over 400 cars, from the very beginning until 1950/60 (a lot of them Bugatti's). Great pieces of art!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login