Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can someone show me around.

Posted by rkj 
rkj
December 07, 2008 11:48AM
Options; follow topic and signature? To start with, what are these? I see Archie has his usual winged car thing, how does one do that and is there a place for an under picture?
December 07, 2008 12:11PM
rkj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Options; follow topic and signature? To start
> with, what are these? I see Archie has his usual
> winged car thing, how does one do that and is
> there a place for an under picture?

Sure, I'll see if I can help. smiling smiley

"Follow topic" means that you can tell the forum to send you an email if someone posts to a thread you're interested in.

Your signature is the thing that shows up at the bottom of every post you make. Mine is very simple. Others add pictures to theirs.

The picture over by your name (i.e. my iX logo or Archie/Peter's winged thing) is your avatar. In the control panel someplace is a line where your can set your avatar to be any picture you have on your computer. Note that it can't be any bigger than 100x100 pixels.

December 07, 2008 12:17PM
Hi Rick,

Glad to see you finally made your way into the inner sanctum smileys with beer

This place is looking more like home by the hour thanks to Super Dave smiling bouncing smiley
rkj
December 07, 2008 12:47PM
Thanks Dave, if I want a picture in my signature box how is that done and is there a pix size limit?
December 07, 2008 01:16PM
rkj Wrote:
> Thanks Dave, if I want a picture in my signature
> box how is that done and is there a pix size
> limit?

Rick, your sig is just an addition to the message so pic size is not restricted but we should endeavour to keep the size down like we did on the old site for readability smiling smiley
rkj
December 07, 2008 01:52PM
Archeo-peteriX Wrote:
> rkj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks Dave, if I want a picture in my
> signature
> > box how is that done and is there a pix size
> > limit?
>
> Rick, your sig is just an addition to the message
> so pic size is not restricted but we should
> endeavour to keep the size down like we did on the
> old site for readability smiling smiley

Thanks, is it a picture that has to be on the web already? and then you just insert the web address in the signature box?
December 07, 2008 02:07PM
rkj Wrote:
> Archeo-peteriX Wrote:
> -----
> > rkj Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Thanks Dave, if I want a picture in my
> > signature
> > > box how is that done and is there a pix size
> > > limit?
> >
> > Rick, your sig is just an addition to the
> message
> > so pic size is not restricted but we should
> > endeavour to keep the size down like we did on
> the
> > old site for readability smiling smiley
>
> Thanks, is it a picture that has to be on the web
> already? and then you just insert the web address
> in the signature box?

I think that works best, then it's easier to change thumbs up
rkj
December 07, 2008 03:42PM
Lets see, its getting to be around Christmas time!

perseverance furthers
December 07, 2008 05:35PM
Archeo-peteriX
Rick, your sig is just an addition to the message so pic size is not restricted but we should endeavour to keep the size down like we did on the old site for readability smiling smiley
Yup, that's right. For instance, the pic of the Honda bike is cool, but it takes up a lot of screen real estate. Signature pics can be wide, but should be low in the vertical dimension so people don't get annoyed with it.

December 07, 2008 09:10PM
Dave_G
Archeo-peteriX
Yup, that's right. For instance, the pic of the Honda bike is cool, but it takes up a lot of screen real estate. Signature pics can be wide, but should be low in the vertical dimension so people don't get annoyed with it.

Right on Dave...but that's such a beautiful ride that I can easily overlook it being bigger than the message winking smiley

Rick, I see your erlier message...send me the original pic and I'll proportion it for you so it fits nicely in your sig smiling smiley
rkj
December 08, 2008 02:15PM
Archeo-peteriX
Dave_G
Archeo-peteriX

Right on Dave...but that's such a beautiful ride that I can easily overlook it being bigger than the message winking smiley

Rick, I see your erlier message...send me the original pic and I'll proportion it for you so it fits nicely in your sig smiling smiley

Thanks Buddy smileys with beer there's so much fun to do here, now if we only had some people in trouble!

The Honda is the Tokyo bike show presentation machine, I think it will be available to the public soon, nice hey B) CB1100RT

perseverance furthers
December 08, 2008 03:21PM
in the control center you can also change your settings to make your signature show up automatically, rather than check the box every time (assuming the default setting is the box unchecked...i can't remember now).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login