Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

it's such a nice, friendly place here

Posted by nomis3613 
I was digging around r3vlimited.com forums today and wow there's a lot of angst over there. Almost every thread had flaming of some sort, those boys need to take a chill pill and just enjoy their E30s!

It made me thankful about how level-headed, considerate, helpful, friendly, patient etc everyone is here. Newbie and common questions are politely answered and it's all in good humour. What a great place this is with such nice folks.
smileys with beer
hehe

That was exactly the thing that jumped out at me right away, too, when I first found the old BEN. When I got my first E30 I began looking around the Internet for a discussion forum because, well, that's just what you do these days. I was surprised to find at least seven or eight active forums, but some of them made me feel like adult wandering into a kids' schoolyard fight. BEN was the only one that made me feel right at home.

Unfortunately the big meltdown of the old site has lost us many members and the wealth of technical expertise they brought with them, but with time we are slowly building ourselves back up. I sincerely hope that we continue to grow and will evolve into something like the old BEN was. And it's a nice place to hang out while that happens.

BTW, for those times when I need a bigger site than this to search for some E30 technical advice, I have found that e30tech.com has a more mature level of discussion than I have found on other forums. (And they have a nice 325iX forum, too.smiling smiley )

Yup, it's always benn a good place B)-

perseverance furthers
Dave_G
That was exactly the thing that jumped out at me right away, too, when I first found the old BEN. When I got my first E30 I began looking around the Internet for a discussion forum because, well, that's just what you do these days. I was surprised to find at least seven or eight active forums, but some of them made me feel like adult wandering into a kids' schoolyard fight. BEN was the only one that made me feel right at home.

That's exactly what I did when I got my E30 and I had the same impression of the sites I found, including BEN. During the time between the old BEN and the new BENN, I looked at some of the other sites again. After reading a few threads, I figured I would just have to do without a BMW forum. I just didn't have any interest in arguing about every little thing. I like a forum where we save that for the big things.:smile:

John
Dave_G
BTW, for those times when I need a bigger site than this to search for some E30 technical advice, I have found that e30tech.com has a more mature level of discussion than I have found on other forums. (And they have a nice 325iX forum, too.smiling smiley )

except now you have to pay money each year if you want to post, and they are not accepting new members. that sounds pretty silly to me.

daniel
except now you have to pay money each year if you want to post, and they are not accepting new members. that sounds pretty silly to me.
Huh? Where did you see that? I haven't seen anything to that effect anywhere on the forum. I haven't posted there in a while, but AFAIK I can post just like always, and no one has ever asked me to pay anything.

Dave_G
Where did you see that?
Oh. I see it now when I view that site as a guest. Supposedly you can register for free with a referral from a current member (which I'm happy to for anyone here), but that does seem silly. Maybe they figure that 13,000 members is enough. At any rate, we won't be doing anything like that around here.

Dave_G
Dave_G
Where did you see that?
Oh. I see it now when I view that site as a guest. Supposedly you can register for free with a referral from a current member (which I'm happy to for anyone here), but that does seem silly. Maybe they figure that 13,000 members is enough. At any rate, we won't be doing anything like that around here.

That's good Dave, I've always loved the idea that anyone could seek good help for free here. Its how it started out and to continue it, well..... smiling smiley

perseverance furthers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login