Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vert back on the road after suspension swap!

Posted by JUMPNYC 
Just in time for the warm weather, I swapped out my suspension (struts, shocks, springs, control arms, and bushings).
Now I have been driving it (with a big smile on my face) and all of a sudden all these other E30's are on the roads.
Now of course I have to catch up with them and give them the thumbs up, which evokes a similar smile back!

Hope all is well with everyone!

The only con with the lowered suspension, is now speed bumps are my exhausts mortal enemy!

start going over them verrrrrry slowwwwwly. no more driving over them at speed. if you are still scraping your exhaust, then i think your exhaust is hanging too low or the speed bumps are abnormally high.

i think you should post some pics of your car.

OK Daniel,

Heres some pics from the suspension swap

old and new rear shock towers

This struts housing was a bitch to get off, we torched and air chiseled it off

I just had these other rims fixed they will go on before alignment

Yes the speedbumps are abnormally high, but my exhaust is hanging a little low as well.
It doesnt scrape when only I am in the car, but with 2 people in there it sounds terrible going over those curb height bumps.
I have a skidplate I picked up from the guy on r3v. I will put that on as well when I replace the control arms and sway barlinks before she gets aligned.

All this work till I get all of the parts I need for the 5 lug swap, probably mid summer or next year.
Now at least shes not just riding on just springs anymore, haha!
The vert is not my DD so there is no real rush, but I want all the mechanical stuff out of the way and done in the next couple of weeks.

I think my summer project for this car, will be to strip the hardtop's vinyl off, and paint it to match the car, when the body work and bumpers get sprayed.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2009 10:54AM by JUMPNYC.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login