Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for an analog clock for Windows XP taskbar...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
Anyone seen one?
one that fits within the taskbar?

like this? [analog-clock.excode-software.qarchive.org]
this seems to be a better site [www.analogclock.info]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2009 11:50AM by daniel.
Thanks Daniel,

I've tried that one but the clock gets all squashed in the taskbar. I have my task bar vertical on the right side of the screen and in order for it to display properly, the task bar has to be way too wide sad smiley

This may just be one of those things that will only work under Vista in a widget...
What's wrong with the digital clock?

If you like vertical taskbars, windows 7 is going to please you.

daniel

Nothing inherently wrong with the digital clock other than having to hover on it to get the day/date info.
But I'm a watch guy and love the analog dial with moving hands. I have a wonderful desk top clock that is a true representation of a classic mechanical dive watch with the smooth sweeping seconds hand...but I have to close my windows to check it sad smiley

Is Windows 7 a must pay for service pack to Vista? I'm not sure Vista can be fixed sad smiley
Archeo-peteriX
daniel

Nothing inherently wrong with the digital clock other than having to hover on it to get the day/date info.
But I'm a watch guy and love the analog dial with moving hands. I have a wonderful desk top clock that is a true representation of a classic mechanical dive watch with the smooth sweeping seconds hand...but I have to close my windows to check it sad smiley

Is Windows 7 a must pay for service pack to Vista? I'm not sure Vista can be fixed sad smiley

well i know that if you have the taskbar horizontally in xp and have it two rows tall, the date pops up (im sure you know that though).

I have been running windows 7 pre-beta and beta for the last few months and am thoroughly satisfied after having to use vista for a year beforehand. The changes they made are significant, intuitive, and useful. Of course, depending on what you are doing exactly on your computer will affect how many of these changes actually matter, but still. Even with the beta and pre-beta, the stability of the OS has exceeded my expectations, especially when compared to vista or even XP.

daniel
Archeo-peteriX
daniel

well i know that if you have the taskbar horizontally in xp and have it two rows tall, the date pops up (im sure you know that though).

I have been running windows 7 pre-beta and beta for the last few months and am thoroughly satisfied after having to use vista for a year beforehand. The changes they made are significant, intuitive, and useful. Of course, depending on what you are doing exactly on your computer will affect how many of these changes actually matter, but still. Even with the beta and pre-beta, the stability of the OS has exceeded my expectations, especially when compared to vista or even XP.

Sounds like maybe MS has produced another good system like NT was. To me, Vista is pretty much like ME was to Win 98...a dead loss sad smiley

When is Win 7 due for release? Do you have to be on one of MS's programs to get Beta 7?
Archeo-peteriX
daniel
Archeo-peteriX
daniel

the pre-beta i had was not legal, but the beta i am running right now is. back in january they let a few million people download it and gave everyone a serial key. at this point, i don't think you could download it from microsofts site, but if you really wanted to check it out i could send you the DVD that i made with the .iso, and send you a second serial key i acquired. the beta expires august 1st, at which time i assume some RC will be released. who knows, though, its possible that 7 will be released at that time.

a lot was made about how microsoft shouldnt have had 5 versions of vista, and instead shouldve provided only one package with everything in it which let the customer decide what features they did and did not want depending on their computer's specs (like Apple's Leopard). People thought maybe they would change the plan for 7 and do something like Apple did, but There has already been some information leaked about how they are going to have several different versions again. One catering specifically to netbooks and underpowered computers (which is nice since vista hung these out to dry), and then several tiers higher, each adding more features. This is still very annoying, though.

Sounds like maybe MS has produced another good system like NT was. To me, Vista is pretty much like ME was to Win 98...a dead loss sad smiley

When is Win 7 due for release? Do you have to be on one of MS's programs to get Beta 7?

Daniel,

Thanks for the offer but I'll wait for MS to get out at least service pack 1 before I dive in.

It does look like MS has responded to the almost complete failure of Vista to dominate. I wonder how many corporate customers were lost to Apple and Linux?

Anyway, it's good to know that Vista will soon be behind us grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login