February 19, 2009 07:57AM
winning the lottery.
I really have to figure out how this quantum stuff works so I can influence the lotto outcome.

Heisenberg seems to state that simply watching(measuring) the outcome changes it.
So, all I have to do is figure out how to not watch it or watch it so the outcome changes to positive...any ideas?
February 19, 2009 08:34AM
I know I could improve my odds of winning by actually buying a ticket. I might try that too. I got laid-off on Feb.5, so I need to do something about improving the cash flow into my house. Maybe I should just take all the money I have and buy lottery tickets. That should pretty much guarantee that I win, right? smiling smiley

John
February 19, 2009 09:55AM
John Yust
I know I could improve my odds of winning by actually buying a ticket. I might try that too. I got laid-off on Feb.5, so I need to do something about improving the cash flow into my house. Maybe I should just take all the money I have and buy lottery tickets. That should pretty much guarantee that I win, right? smiling smiley

John

Figure out the total number of number combinations and that is how many tickets you need to guarantee a win. So if the prize is $10 million and there are 14 million possible tickets...you'd be out by $4 million :X

I think it's better to rig it from the multiverse grinning smiley
February 19, 2009 11:13AM
John Yust

John

You have better odds of being struck by lightning, but your odds are significantly increased if you stand in a thunderstorm holding a 50' piece of aluminum pipe! Sorry to hear about the lay-off. I think there are going to be many more in the same boat. We are all going to face growing experiences...hope you don't get up to 50'.
February 19, 2009 12:25PM
They don't call it the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle for nothing.......................

alan
February 20, 2009 10:52AM
Sorry to hear about the layoff, man. That really sucks. Got any leads?

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
February 20, 2009 10:53AM
Archeo-peteriX
winning the lottery.
I really have to figure out how this quantum stuff works so I can influence the lotto outcome.

Heisenberg seems to state that simply watching(measuring) the outcome changes it.
So, all I have to do is figure out how to not watch it or watch it so the outcome changes to positive...any ideas?

Watching it doesn't necessarily change the outcome. It depends on what aspect of the outcome you are observing.

I'm taking a class on quantum right now. I'll let you know at the end of the semester how you can use that to win the lottery. But you have to promise me a little kick-back. grinning smiley

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
February 20, 2009 11:50AM
Cab Treadway

Amazingly enough, considering the economy, I do have a couple of leads. Three actually. One is even pretty solid. I've been through this more than once before and I'm surprised at how how much easier it has been to get the attention of prospective employers this time. I think part of it must be that I was working at a really good company, CH2M Hill, and other companies are interested in grabbing whoever they let go. That's pretty much what I was told by my most likely prospect. He said his company was going to try to hire about 30 people that CH had let go.
February 20, 2009 12:27PM
Cab Treadway
Archeo-peteriX
winning the lottery.

Watching it doesn't necessarily change the outcome. It depends on what aspect of the outcome you are observing.

I'm taking a class on quantum right now. I'll let you know at the end of the semester how you can use that to win the lottery. But you have to promise me a little kick-back. grinning smiley

50/50 split...that's only fair grinning smiley
February 20, 2009 03:19PM
John Yust
Cab Treadway

Amazingly enough, considering the economy, I do have a couple of leads. Three actually. One is even pretty solid.

Hi John,

Ugg. Sorry to learn this. Have you checked out the specialty head hunters? (Sorry if the question sounds dumb. It's not intended as such.)

Kelly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2009 12:58PM by daniel.
February 20, 2009 08:21PM
Kelly

Ugg. Sorry to learn this. Have you checked out the specialty head hunters? (Sorry if the question sounds dumb. It's not intended as such.)

Kelly

Not a dumb question at all. I've dealt with these kinds of guys before and I know a crew in SC that I like. They were the first people I contacted.

Thanks,
John
February 20, 2009 08:30PM
Archeo-peteriX
Cab Treadway

Get this figured out and I'll buy in at the BENN group purchase. Cab should get extra for doing the calculation. Powerball is at $125 million right now. Of course, the only reason it's so high is because I didn't buy a ticket Wednesday. winking smiley

John
February 20, 2009 09:59PM
John Yust
Archeo-peteriX
Cab Treadway

Get this figured out and I'll buy in at the BENN group purchase. Cab should get extra for doing the calculation. Powerball is at $125 million right now. Of course, the only reason it's so high is because I didn't buy a ticket Wednesday. winking smiley

John

But I'm the one who will be doing the real work of observing winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2009 09:59PM by Archeo-peteriX.
February 21, 2009 06:09AM
Archeo-peteriX

But I'm the one who will be doing the real work of observing winking smiley

OK, how about this? Using the techniques passed on by Cab, I will observe (or not observe, if that's the better way) the results you achieve by either observing (or not) the lottery. If you win big, then the next time it gets up to around $100 million, I'm all in for the win. Sound good? I'll split my take with Cab 50/50 too. smiling bouncing smiley
February 23, 2009 05:02AM
I'm not greedy by any means. If I can take home only, say, $10M (after taxes, of course), then you guys can have the rest. I should be able to almost fix up the E30 for that, then I'll be happy. grinning smiley

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
May 11, 2009 07:44PM
John Yust

John

Remember this old thread? I thought I would dig it up so I could announce that I didn't win the lottery - but I feel about as good as if I had. I started a new job last Thursday. Woo-Hoo! And it's crunch time at the new company too, so I get to make extra money. They need 50 hours a week between now and July. I normally don't like to spend extra time at work, but it'll be good to have the money right now. grinning smiley

John
May 11, 2009 11:44PM
John Yust
John Yust

John

Remember this old thread? I thought I would dig it up so I could announce that I didn't win the lottery - but I feel about as good as if I had. I started a new job last Thursday. Woo-Hoo! And it's crunch time at the new company too, so I get to make extra money. They need 50 hours a week between now and July. I normally don't like to spend extra time at work, but it'll be good to have the money right now. grinning smiley

John

congrats

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login