Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kids 2!

Posted by wodcutr 
February 18, 2009 06:57PM
Well wouldn't you know I have another tale to tell about another teenage driver. Yesterday we got clobbered by a pretty good snowstorm. I hadn't seen it snow this hard all winter. My daughter came home from school and asked me if I thought it was wise for her to travel in this weather through the canyon in order to go to an NBA game that she and her friends had tickets for. I told her that it probably was not worth the risk of wrecking her car to drive in this weather, especially after her sister had just run into the cement divider with her car. Her mother also told her that it is not usually yourself you have to worry about when driving in this weather, it's the idiot going too fast that is passing you. Well she was about to throw in the towel when peer pressure kicked in and she decided to go anyway despite getting stuck in our driveway while leaving.

As fate would have it she encountered two accidents within the first ten miles of her journey so she was driving very cautiously. The traffic had been stopped for a while so when everyone got restarted there were several cars all bunched up together. She must have been driving slower than the impatient drivers behind her wanted to go so one guy decided to pass her. Just as he passed her he lost control, spun around a couple of times and passed right in front of her as she braked hard. The guys car then flew by her on the left side, being now in the turning lane, barely missing her car and smashed into all the cars behind her. I was astonished once again that the canyon had not claimed another one of my E30s. She said the accident seemed to all be in slow motion and that she had an adrenalin rush. I bet! She arrived at the Jazz game unscathed and the 325es is now safe at home. I wonder if she realizes how lucky she really is? I wonder if she will think twice about taking unnecessary risk in the future? I wonder if God likes these cars? I wonder!! :thinking:
rkj
February 18, 2009 07:45PM
Thats how we learn (most of time the only way), although its tough putting loved ones and cars in the fray!
February 19, 2009 12:39AM
woooosh.

i learned so much about driving and cars by ALMOST getting in wrecks. i have been so lucky, and because of it i am finally coming to my senses and being more aware of conditions and potential stupidity.

February 19, 2009 07:36AM
daniel
woooosh.

i learned so much about driving and cars by ALMOST getting in wrecks. i have been so lucky, and because of it i am finally coming to my senses and being more aware of conditions and potential stupidity.

You must be at least 21...The human brain is not fully developed until 21. That is when we become aware!
February 19, 2009 07:43AM
wodcutr
daniel
woooosh.

You must be at least 21...The human brain is not fully developed until 21. That is when we become aware!

I must not be quite 21 yet...I'm totally unaware grinning smiley
February 19, 2009 11:04AM
Archeo-peteriX

I must not be quite 21 yet...I'm totally unaware grinning smiley

That happens too when we get over the hill and are getting close to bottom...just be glad you are not in diapers!:embarrassed:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login