Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Valentine's Day

Posted by wodcutr 
February 18, 2009 09:47AM
Now that February 14th is a few days gone by, I thought it would be fun to get a different perspective by those enlightened enough to drive a BMW. That being said, what is your take on this so called "lovers" celebration? I was watching a program on the tele the other day and some guy was arguing his point that in his opinion February 14th should be renamed "sex tax day"! Of coarse the woman he was discussing this with did not agree, but his point was amusing to me. I generally do not give much attention to most holidays, especially this one, but since the 14th happened to fall on a Saturday I decided to make my wife a nice breakfast and let the kids give it to her in bed. The Mrs generally does not eat breakfast so I don't know if this was much of a treat, but at least I can say I tried. I'm sure she was more thrilled with the new tires I put on the van, but I must admit that the breakfast I cooked was the best I had eaten in quite a while. So is Feb 14th sex tax day or just another useless excuse to spend money? I guess if we are going to be taxed we might just as well be stimulated too! smiling bouncing smiley
February 18, 2009 11:47AM
.......I bought her a house and a car a while back, ain't that enoungh?

And I would hope anyone smart enough to own an E30 is also smart enough to realize that the 14th is so heavily pumped by the candy industry, the gift card industry and the retail clothing and jewelery industry!!!! Cmon!!!! It is simply big biz and we get to be the nail as the hammer comes down.

alan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2009 11:49AM by alanrw.
February 18, 2009 01:31PM
i think it is one of those compromise days. one puts up with the girls crap and in turn she likes you even more because you are so sweet.

for my valentines day i went to my girlfriends house where she cooked my favorite foods for dinner. after which we watched top gear videos on youtube while i explained to her the special things about certain cars they were reviewing (she loves top gear now), until we "fell asleep". see the compromise?! grinning smiley

the only thing i don't like about valentines day is that it is a defined day once a year. i take my gf out to dinner often and shower her with presents (not really), so why does there have to be a specific day where these things HAVE to happen?

rkj
February 18, 2009 05:07PM
Boys, boys. What Are you thinking..... We love these gals, right?

Make it special smiling smiley your manhood will be more intact
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login