Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E-30 Picnic Sunday at LeMay museum

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
June 24, 2014 08:16PM
The world famous gathering of E-30s is on again on Sunday. It is quite an event and will have about 200 cars in attendance. Lots of prizes to raffle off for charity.

[www.bmwpugetsound.com]

Bob in Lake Havasu

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2014 08:18PM by Bob in Everett.
Hi Bob,

It's good that we still have at least one E30 enthusiast here who keeps up with the Pacific Northwest E30 scene.
Looking forward to your pics(if you attend) :-)
Hey Peter,
I am going to be there. You would be amazed at how the younger set has taken to the E-30. They have realized what fantastic handling cars these are and not so expensive to maintain. There are likely to be over 200 of them at the event. One of the paint shops is raffeling off a paint job for an E-30.

Bob in Lake Havasu
At the event there was a prize offered for the youngest owner of an E-30. There was a three way tie that had to be broken by getting to the exact birthday date for the youngest. He turned 16 on June 10th.

There was also a prize for the most miles on one but the car had to be present. The winner was 358,000 miles.

Bob in Lake Havasu
I wonder if Bob P. might have surpassed that mileage?
Archeo-peteriX
I wonder if Bob P. might have surpassed that mileage?

Thats some decent mileage, over 30 years or so...!

My Mercedes Benz had twice of that when it quit counting anymore. So, I can't prove how far it has been driven, and I don't care...
I calculate the driven distancve from google maps now, untill I feel like fixing or replace the odometer.

:cool:
We had an E39 525tds at work with 999999 km. Owner complaint: odo stopped at that number, he got a new one for free!
A new odometer? or a new E-39?

Bob in Lake Havasu
I guess a new odometer, but 1M km e39 525tds are still good cars!
:cool2:
The mercedes Benz newish electronic odometers (from w202 on) lock at 999999 and have to be manually reset to zero.

A friend of mine has a VW Polo 1.4L year 95, and it turned to zero after 299999km.
I guess nobody was expecting those to be driven that kind of distance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2014 02:47AM by Jose Pinto.
Just an odo of course, the rest of the car is fine!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login