Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fire up the way back machine...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
February 06, 2009 07:33PM
I distinctly remember Halle Berry being in the second mini series 'Roots Next Generations'...but she was about 18 to 20 years old when the 1979 series aired. She was born in 1966 and was obviously not as old as she appeared i the mini series.

I can find nothing that has here even remotely associated with the series but I and my wife both remember watching here and thinking that here was an upcoming star.

Any one of you older folks remember the series and specifically her role?
February 06, 2009 10:39PM
I found this:

In 1977, Alex Haley's groundbreaking mini-series Roots became one of the most watched programs in television history, telling the story of seven generations of the author's mother's family, from their capture in Africa and enslavement in the United States to their eventual emancipation more than a century later. With 1992's Queen, Haley, who passed away before completing the source material, presents the story of his father's family, focusing on his paternal grandmother, a mulato. Halle Berry stars as the title character, the daughter of a slave and a plantation owner.

So is this what you were maybe thinking of? No mention of her being in the original Roots. She would have been like 26 in 1992 (assuming she was indeed born in 1966, I did see one reference to her birth year being 1968. I guess you can massage your birth year in Hollywood.

alan
February 07, 2009 09:35AM
alanrw
I found this:

In 1977, Alex Haley's groundbreaking mini-series Roots became one of the most watched programs in television history, telling the story of seven generations of the author's mother's family, from their capture in Africa and enslavement in the United States to their eventual emancipation more than a century later. With 1992's Queen, Haley, who passed away before completing the source material, presents the story of his father's family, focusing on his paternal grandmother, a mulato. Halle Berry stars as the title character, the daughter of a slave and a plantation owner.

So is this what you were maybe thinking of? No mention of her being in the original Roots. She would have been like 26 in 1992 (assuming she was indeed born in 1966, I did see one reference to her birth year being 1968. I guess you can massage your birth year in Hollywood.

alan

Thanks Alan,

I did find the reference to Queen; it was one of the trilogy series in the Roots Next Generations. I knew she wasn't in the original but didn't remember there was more than one sequel to the series.

This puts her over the 40 marker...but she sure doesn't look much older than late 20s thumbs up
February 07, 2009 03:20PM
...yeah, but I bet she is a real handful.

alan
February 07, 2009 06:55PM
alanrw
...yeah, but I bet she is a real handful.

alan

Both my hands still function and there is feeling in the tips of my fingers...send her on over grinning smiley
February 07, 2009 08:24PM
.....be careful what your wish for!!!!

alan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login