Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blast from the past

Posted by rkj 
rkj
March 15, 2014 09:35PM
So, being it's my birthday I thought I'd post this here too, it's the same car, color and motor. What a fun car it was (and still is I hope). Ford Car

Headphones are the best for this thumbs up

perseverance furthers
March 17, 2014 07:29AM
rkj
So, being it's my birthday I thought I'd post this here too, it's the same car, color and motor. What a fun car it was (and still is I hope). Ford Car

Headphones are the best for this thumbs up

"410hp"
Is that for real?
Can the Galaxie handle that power?!
:o
March 17, 2014 02:10PM
A late happy birthday!!!
March 17, 2014 05:51PM
I drove one of those when it was new once. It belonged to a friend. had three duces and three on the tree.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
March 18, 2014 10:08PM
Thanks for Bday wishes. Mine was actualy the 425 horse model ( in stock form) with a two four barrel carbs. At one point I handed the motor over to a famous machinist for some slight upgrades and to a speed shop for balancing. After that it was just a brute, and the best fun!

Back in my early twenties we used to race towns (from one to another). Silly stuff but Hey, I was just home from Vietnam :eyes:
March 19, 2014 05:09AM
rkj
Thanks for Bday wishes. Mine was actualy the 425 horse model ( in stock form) with a two four barrel carbs. At one point I handed the motor over to a famous machinist for some slight upgrades and to a speed shop for balancing. After that it was just a brute, and the best fun!

Back in my early twenties we used to race towns (from one to another). Silly stuff but Hey, I was just home from Vietnam :eyes:

...Those were the times.
In my early twenties, what is now my daily commute, I used to do in less time with a Renault 4 (cheap popular car, small engine 4 sp) than I do now with the Mercedes Benz.
:hitwithrock:
March 19, 2014 02:19PM
Ah those R4's... They had something special to them. Encountered one on the highway lately, Gordini blue with matching stripes. Bit of a contradiction, but still a special vehicle.
March 20, 2014 05:24AM
Michiel 318iS
Ah those R4's... They had something special to them. Encountered one on the highway lately, Gordini blue with matching stripes. Bit of a contradiction, but still a special vehicle.

Those had good brakes, and good mass distribution, the transmission is centered, once you get used to the lever. The soft suspension would let the car lean a lot on turns, but a sway bar could be installed to correct that.
Sometimes less is more.
The car is so ugly that is funny...
:dance:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login