Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Americas cup racing

Posted by rkj 
rkj
September 25, 2013 09:27AM
I don't know if anybody is interested in these races but they have been quite something... The final race is today on the west coast but you can watch it on the AC's website the evening after the race (that's how I've been following it), just go to video and I'm pretty sure all the races are there to see, it's a youtube thing.

Cheers, Rick
October 07, 2013 09:16AM
The event gives very good pictures.

http://photo.americascup.com/

The racing is more exciting than F1, for sure.

:cool2:
October 07, 2013 12:47PM
Those things don't even look like boats. They look like Klingon Star Cruisers.:rolleyes:
October 07, 2013 06:26PM
They probalby cost almost as much too.

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 07, 2013 08:54PM
My understanding is there is so much carbon fiber, they create black holes wherever they sail.
rkj
October 11, 2013 06:18PM
I hated those boats at first, but hey, they're sail boats (I gotta like em!. And after I saw how those guys had to work them I had to give them credit.

I wonder what they will come up with next, it's winner chooses I think confused smiley I'd like to see a return of the J boats thumbs up now that's a race boat!

Cheerio Mates
October 11, 2013 10:03PM
I'm with ya Rick...boats need to be hand made from wood and sailed by sailors; not computers!
rkj
October 16, 2013 06:41PM
Archeo-peteriX
I'm with ya Rick...boats need to be hand made from wood and sailed by sailors; not computers!

Brothers smileys with beer
October 18, 2013 08:54PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

Wanna trade one of your E30s for a nice 17.5' cedar strip canoe? It might cost a bit more shipping for you but you would be getting a maintenance free vessel :cool2:

rkj
October 20, 2013 09:05PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

Wanna trade one of your E30s for a nice 17.5' cedar strip canoe? It might cost a bit more shipping for you but you would be getting a maintenance free vessel :cool2:

Now Peter, you're taking unfair advantage. You know how much I'd love a real canoe. Too bad though, I got rid of all my E30s last year. I still have my tan car but you can't have that!, it's the only car with a tow hitch (for bikes and boats). Very important for my mental health smileys with beer
October 21, 2013 10:25PM
Here you go Peter, just a little work, a little polish.....

[www.ebay.com]

alan
October 22, 2013 12:10PM
alanrw
Here you go Peter, just a little work, a little polish.....

[www.ebay.com]

alan

Might be a little difficult driving it back to Canada :whistle:
October 24, 2013 11:53PM
rkj
I don't know if anybody is interested in these races but they have been quite something... The final race is today on the west coast but you can watch it on the AC's website the evening after the race (that's how I've been following it), just go to video and I'm pretty sure all the races are there to see, it's a youtube thing.

Cheers, Rick

Hi,

Well, I was driving to work over the Golden Gate Bridge during one on the races. I could see the boats during a race. Yes, they are both killer and fast.

I wonder if the boats for the next america's cup will be the same style or if they will revert to an older style. There was much criticism over the expense of the boats . Many teams could not participate.

Cheers, Kelly
October 25, 2013 06:06AM
Kelly

Hi,

Well, I was driving to work over the Golden Gate Bridge during one on the races. I could see the boats during a race. Yes, they are both killer and fast.

I wonder if the boats for the next america's cup will be the same style or if they will revert to an older style. There was much criticism over the expense of the boats . Many teams could not participate.

Cheers, Kelly

Sometimes it is important to "push the boundaries" sometimes is important to keep things simple.
I like the look of traditional boats, but the technology the put on this new racing vessels is mind blowing!
As they do in car racing, regulations must step in to separate competitors according to the level of expense or techology to be allowed.

:rally:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login