Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hey Archie, how's it going over there?

Posted by Cab Treadway 
Is BC all stoked up for the little contest tonight? Do you have the parade route planned? I must admit, I'm not normally much of a hockey fan, but I do like the playoffs. I'll be happy for all the fans around here if the Bruins can pull it off. Should be a fun game!

The mayor of Boston seems to be going a bit overboard. There is to be no "viewing party" at the Garden (although from what I understand, that isn't just his call, NBC gets to veto that if they think having 15000 people watching the game in one place will hurt their ratings), bars and restaurants are supposed to take down their outside tables and chairs, and blackout windows so people can't stand around outside watching through the windows, and bars aren't supposed to allow people in after the end of the 2nd period. Seems a little extreme to me.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Cab Treadway
Is BC all stoked up for the little contest tonight? Do you have the parade route planned? I must admit, I'm not normally much of a hockey fan, but I do like the playoffs. I'll be happy for all the fans around here if the Bruins can pull it off. Should be a fun game!

The mayor of Boston seems to be going a bit overboard. There is to be no "viewing party" at the Garden (although from what I understand, that isn't just his call, NBC gets to veto that if they think having 15000 people watching the game in one place will hurt their ratings), bars and restaurants are supposed to take down their outside tables and chairs, and blackout windows so people can't stand around outside watching through the windows, and bars aren't supposed to allow people in after the end of the 2nd period. Seems a little extreme to me.

And I thought Vancouver was supposed to be the 'no fun town' sad smiley

Of course the stadium is filled to capacity but there are also big screen tvs set up on a couple of Vancouver's major down down streets. The streets have been closed to traffic since 10 am this morning and the crowds were estimated to be over 200,000. I think they actually surpassed that.

At this point in the game(3-0 for Boston); the only question that remains is will the fans tear Vancouver a new one with a riot that outstrips the last one we had when the Canucks made it into the finals?

It was really nice driving home tonight; the streets were deserted and there were not traffic slow downs...my normal 1.25 hour commute was accomplished in just under 25 minutes!
So whether the Canucks win or lose; I won winking smiley

Peter
I forgot to mention; the Boston goalie is phenomenal! smileys with beer
Well, we now know who won the Cup winking smiley

Unfortunately, the nonsense has already begun in downtown Vancouver...an over turned car set on fire sad smiley
Sure hope it doesn't go beyond that but I fear that this may only be the beginning of a rough night for the VPD.

If the 200,000 + crowd gets unruly, the police are going to have a big problem.

And this isn't even about dictators or union contracts!
Yup, like I said, I don't normally pay much attention to hockey, but from what I've been hearing over the last couple of months from the (admittedly biased) Boston press and fans, Thomas has had a very special season and playoff run. He seemed to deserve the Conn Smythe and whatever other hardware comes his way.

Everyone is thrilled around here, naturally. I hope they get Vancouver back together before it starts looking like Detroit. :mrgreen:

You know, since I moved here to New England in 1999, local teams have been in the finals of their leagues 9 times and won 7 championships. Before that, it had been since 1986 when the Celtics won, 1972 for the Bruins, 1918 for the Red Sox, and never for the Patriots. Now, I won't claim complete credit for that, but I can't argue the facts that it has happened. :cool2:

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login