Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

itunes help on a pc

Posted by rkj 
rkj
March 24, 2011 06:17PM
On my acer computer I have two hard drives; acer c for all the normal stuff you access daily and acerdata (Dsmiling smiley that I've been putting all my big files on.

My problem is itunes will not go to acerdata no matter what I try; if I instruct it to load to the data drive all the music (cd imports) still load on to acer c... acer c is close to full and can't handle a cd library.

anybody have a fix?

Thanks, Rick
March 25, 2011 07:59AM
Hmmm, usually, there is a specification in Itunes (like most programs) where you can tell it where the data is. My computer is set up just like yours, data on a second drive. Maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall Itunes? But without seeing it in person.......

alan
rkj
March 25, 2011 03:25PM
alanrw
Hmmm, usually, there is a specification in Itunes (like most programs) where you can tell it where the data is. My computer is set up just like yours, data on a second drive. Maybe you need to uninstall and reinstall Itunes? But without seeing it in person.......

alan

So far I've completely wiped itunes, even did a search and deleted everything itunes, twice and reloaded a fresh copy.

A part of the install Does go on the second drive but all the cd's I load go right into the main drive, dam it! I even tried switching music folders after the fact but then my cd liberary will not show in itunes and will not play there.

I'd love to figure this out, I love the itune program but maybe since I'm so low on room it will have to be things other than cd's. All the radio stuff that I listen to in the shop I'll still have.

Thanks Alan
March 25, 2011 07:57PM
OK, found it. On the Itunes tool bar pick Edit, go to Preferences, select Advanced tab and you should be able to select where the music is.

alan
rkj
March 26, 2011 09:03AM
alanrw
OK, found it. On the Itunes tool bar pick Edit, go to Preferences, select Advanced tab and you should be able to select where the music is.

alan

Alan, if this works you're a genius. When it gives a list (pulldown) you can chose "my computer" and in there you may choose the second drive, in my case "acerdata (D)

I wonder if that's all I have to choose. I just loaded one cd and we'll see where it goes and if itunes will pick it up....

Thank you so much :rally:
rkj
March 26, 2011 09:08AM
rkj
alanrw

alan

Alan, if this works you're a genius. When it gives a list (pulldown) you can chose "my computer" and in there you may choose the second drive, in my case "acerdata (D)

I wonder if that's all I have to choose. I just loaded one cd and we'll see where it goes and if itunes will pick it up....

Thank you so much :rally:

So far.... so good; itunes picked up the cd and there it is, in the second data drive :bow:smileys with beer:bow:
March 26, 2011 10:48AM
LOL, glad it worked out for you. Create a folder on the D drive called "music" or "tunes" and then point to that folder. Not sure if Itunes will automatically create a folder but you don't just want it on the drive outside of a folder.

alan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2011 10:50AM by alanrw.
rkj
March 26, 2011 01:20PM
alanrw
LOL, glad it worked out for you. Create a folder on the D drive called "music" or "tunes" and then point to that folder. Not sure if Itunes will automatically create a folder but you don't just want it on the drive outside of a folder.

alan

Right, now they're all going individually, but, everything's working. If I change the desination in itunes I think it would look something like; ACERDATA (Dsmiling smiley/file music

Or something like that. I wish I knew more how to do things like this. Maybe Peter knows? In any event I can do the basics and get more specific later when I have more knowledge :eyes:
March 26, 2011 07:15PM
Yeh, I'm good at telling things where to go grinning smiley

I'm having fun moving buttons around on windows; the minimize, maximize and close buttons that is :cool2:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login