Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Linux help anyone?

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
December 31, 2009 11:04AM
I have set my computer up to run Ubuntu 9.10.
So far it works great and is much quicker than XP.

The only issue I have found so far is with Photobucket.
PB will not open up the current folder for uploads; it insists on bringing up the folder the way it was before recent pictures have been added.

Is there a setting I'm not finding in PB or Ubuntu?

Once this is sorted, I will let XP gather Microdust winking smiley
rkj
January 06, 2010 08:44PM
Archeo-peteriX

PB will not open up the current folder for uploads; it insists on bringing up the folder the way it was before recent pictures have been added.

How you making out Peter?, sorry I can't help out here but you are the one usually solving the computer problems! smileys with beer
January 06, 2010 09:14PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

How you making out Peter?, sorry I can't help out here but you are the one usually solving the computer problems! smileys with beer

Hi Rick,

All sorted out and I have even imported all my picture stuff from XP to Ubuntu. I've found some wonderful add on tools that make life so easy B)

I've also just locate instructions for getting my Photoshop to run under Ubuntu; will try that later.

I'm almost at the point now where I'm almost completely non dependent on XP or any of it's apps.

My short experience with Ubuntu has been a pleasureable experience. I no longer have to put up with constant interruptions and slowdowns with anti virus scans and spyware updates.

The system is a lot faster than XP and on this machine it was fast!

I'm even getting the rust off script writing. I made a small one today to grab a few hundred image files form a server in China. Nothing fancy but I would never have even thought about trying this in Windows grinning smiley

Really getting to appreciate Unix/Linux all over again smileys with beer
rkj
January 07, 2010 07:52PM
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

Hi Rick,

All sorted out and I have even imported all my picture stuff from XP to Ubuntu. I've found some wonderful add on tools that make life so easy B)

I've also just locate instructions for getting my Photoshop to run under Ubuntu; will try that later.

I'm almost at the point now where I'm almost completely non dependent on XP or any of it's apps.

My short experience with Ubuntu has been a pleasureable experience. I no longer have to put up with constant interruptions and slowdowns with anti virus scans and spyware updates.

I'm even getting the rust off script writing. I made a small one today to grab a few hundred image files form a server in China. Nothing fancy but I would never have even thought about trying this in Windows grinning smiley

Cool Peter, sounds like you worked it as usual thumbs up
January 07, 2010 08:33PM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
rkj
Archeo-peteriX

I had become so brainwashed by Microsoft that I almost forgot that Unix/Linux is an OS you can work with. Once I turned my brain back on, I quickly found what I needed and also started thinking like a computer person again.

Won't be long before I'm writing my own 'extensions' winking smiley

Hi Rick,

Cool Peter, sounds like you worked it as usual thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login