Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OBC update...

Posted by Archeo-peteriX 
January 07, 2009 04:36PM
Just wanted to report that the OBC swap that Dave G and I did is complete. The iX is now back to it's OEM clock and Dave's is upgraded to the full OBC with code relay.

I still have a box of broken 13 button OBC's to play with and enough parts to make one more good looking functional unit with the LED back light upgrade, if I should want to grinning smiley

Now I only need to fix the SI batteries; tach and econo gauges are dead. When I do that fix, I'm putting in a remote battery box.
While I have that much stuff removed I'll also replace the heater valve or the seal(one of them is leaking) and take care of the inline fuse to the hot water switch that is preventing the A/C from working.

Spring is such a long way off................................................................................... sad smiley
January 07, 2009 05:18PM
Archeo-peteriX
Just wanted to report that the OBC swap that Dave G and I did is complete. The iX is now back to it's OEM clock and Dave's is upgraded to the full OBC with code relay.
...and I've been having lots of fun playing with all those new buttons. smiling smiley

January 07, 2009 06:11PM
Dave_G
Archeo-peteriX
...and I've been having lots of fun playing with all those new buttons. smiling smiley

Just make sure you do it while the car is parked grinning smiley
rkj
January 09, 2009 12:49PM
Archeo-peteriX
Dave_G
Archeo-peteriX

While the car is parked? Thats why the stalk switch is there to make an easy, on the fly, readout B)
January 09, 2009 01:02PM
rkj
While the car is parked? Thats why the stalk switch is there to make an easy, on the fly, readout B)
Yeah, but sadly, I have no cool whiz-bang stalk switch. I'll need to find someone else to trade with for that. smiling smiley

For now, I'll just have to endure moving my hand all the way over to the OBC and pushing buttons. eye rolling smiley

January 11, 2009 09:36AM
rkj
Archeo-peteriX
Dave_G
Archeo-peteriX

i always forget i can push the stalk in. unfortunately to go between temp and time, its easier just to push the buttons directly on the OBC.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login