Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Was just looking for a 320 si

Posted by Michiel 318iS 
December 26, 2008 12:17PM
And found them still way too expensive...

Currently working with the new Ford Focus RS (great car: lots of power, good handling and very easy to drive, maybe a bit too easy for the enthousiast), I was looking for a successor for my car, looking for a bit of performance. The 320si has a too low performance to price ratio to my likings. I even might get away from RWD and get a Focus ST - dull to look at but great to drive.
rkj
December 26, 2008 02:08PM
Michiel 318iS
And found them still way too expensive...

Currently working with the new Ford Focus RS (great car: lots of power, good handling and very easy to drive, maybe a bit too easy for the enthousiast), I was looking for a successor for my car, looking for a bit of performance. The 320si has a too low performance to price ratio to my likings. I even might get away from RWD and get a Focus ST - dull to look at but great to drive.

Away from rear wheel drive?.... you're temping the gods now my friend thumbs down
December 27, 2008 03:39AM
Gods? Are there any?
I was just looking for a car with good power to weight ratio (and the outcome of that to money ratio). The E36's and E46's aren't really an option then, as most other RWD's. Taxes and insurance would beat the last penny out of my pocket. A Focus ST has 225 hp (easily tunable to a reliable 265 hp) out of a 2.5 5 cylinder, great handling, a bit too much torque steer but it is affordable.
For a bit more money for a second hand 320si I could get a brand new Focus RS, 300 horses, real great handling, hardly any torque steer for its power. On the other hand, I should buy a coffin along with that car...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login