Advanced

Video from E30Meet 2017 in Norway

Posted by Ove Kvam 
August 31, 2017 05:02AM
It is open for all BMWs, not only E30s.

[www.facebook.com]
September 05, 2017 09:56PM
Ove,
I am having trouble getting the video to play. How many E-30 were in attendance?
I was recently in Munich and Vienna and saw three E-30 convertibles. Did not see any coupes or sedans.

Bob in Lake Havasu
September 05, 2017 10:13PM
Bob in Everett
Ove,
I am having trouble getting the video to play. How many E-30 were in attendance?
I was recently in Munich and Vienna and saw three E-30 convertibles. Did not see any coupes or sedans.

I am not sure how many E30s there were, but I would guess 50-70.
September 07, 2017 08:35AM
That is quite a few. I am sure all who were there enjoyed seeing other cars like theirs. I enjoy seeing all those at the E-30 picnic locally. We had 225 cars in attendance this Summer.

Bob

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 23, 2017 02:54PM
You were in Munich? Dang... I was there for 2 months since Aug 15th on a training for BMW... Still quite a few E30s around
October 23, 2017 07:38PM
I was playing tourist for a couple of days in Munich at the beginning of August. One of the Viking tours. Really nice and included a short stop at the BMW Welt.

Wish I could have spent a whole day or more at the BMW museum and restoration center.

I wonder if Germans are "importing" antique cars from other countries since most of theirs do not survive the high taxes on medium age cars until they get to be quite old.

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 29, 2017 02:29AM
Had the chance to visit BMW Classic, the factory and the museum.
Classic has some nice rare cars and motorcycle collection at the location where BMW started 100 years ago (they recently re-acquired those buildings).
The factory is really amazing to see, especially because they do so much on a relatively small location, some robots really have to squeeze body panels through openings to get them in the right position because of the lack of space. They don't only assemble cars, the do the steel stamping, engine assembly, seat production,... all on the same location.
The museum is nice as well, got throuh in 2 hours time, if you want to see it all in detail you might want to double that time.
Had been to Welt a couple of times before, not really interesting to me as it brings nothing new when you're living in the BMW world day by day
October 29, 2017 02:30AM
You don't have to keep paying taxes if you just store the car until it gets and oldtimer
October 29, 2017 03:01AM
Michiel 318iS
The factory is really amazing to see, especially because they do so much on a relatively small location, some robots really have to squeeze body panels through openings to get them in the right position because of the lack of space.

We struggle with space even in the production plant for the biggest cars in Dingolfing. In the paint cabins, the current 7 series is REALLY wide with the doors open, and it was a challenge to avoid conflicts with our robots! :-)

Currently, two of the BMW Classic cars are on tour to a car show in Norway. The BMW Turbo, and a BMW 507.
October 29, 2017 09:23PM
The same here in the States but in Europe having the space to store a car one does not use for several years is a rarity.

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 29, 2017 09:32PM
Here in the state of Washington, the number of antique car licenses has increased from about 8000 to 11,000 in ten years but many cars that could qualify are being driven regularly with annual registration. I have two of each myself and two daily drivers.

Insurance is the other expense that inhibits owning so many cars one can put on the road at any time.

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 30, 2017 12:02AM
In Norway, it is rather cheap to own and insure classic cars. It seems to have become popular to collect antique cars in Europe lately, as they grow faster in value than bank interest. Particularly old Porsches have become very valueable over the last few years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login