Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nice Z1 on display at America's Car Museum

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
There was a nice BMW display going on in Tacoma, Washington. The Collection of Peter Gleeson was on display. Well, he said only part of it. Fantastic display included a Z1. That car is sooo cool. His is red and he says his wife used to drive it in England.

I sure wish I could afford a nice one. The price of them has seemingly escalated in recent years.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Attachments:
open | download - Z1.JPG (37 KB)
Bob in Everett
There was a nice BMW display going on in Tacoma, Washington. The Collection of Peter Gleeson was on display. Well, he said only part of it. Fantastic display included a Z1. That car is sooo cool. His is red and he says his wife used to drive it in England.

I sure wish I could afford a nice one. The price of them has seemingly escalated in recent years.

It is a bit difficult to get in and out of though.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Attachments:
open | download - Z1-small1.JPG (219.6 KB)
Bob in Everett
Bob in Everett

It is a bit difficult to get in and out of though.

Even with the doors down?
It is a bit difficult but worth it. With the top down that is....with the top up it is almost impossible to get in or out unless one is very flexible.

I would put up with the effort for the cool ride though. I have been driving my E-30 cabrio for 14 years and am still not tired of driving it. The Z1 would be just as much fun with more uniqueness.

Bob in Lake Havasu
That particular Z1 was owned by Peter Gleeson. I just read in the Puget Sound BMWCCA magazine (Zundfolge) that the editor has purchased it from Peter.
So it is definitely on the road again. We should see it at the E-30 picnic this year as David Lightfoot us usually in attendance even though he previously did not have an E-30 for quite a while.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login