May 26, 2016 07:16AM
Hi old friends. Last night on Facebook I saw a post from Rick's daughter that there would be a memorial for him today. I'd been in sporadic contact with him over there on FB, but I don't know anything more than that. I don't know if he'd been sick or if this was sudden and unexpected. If he'd been sick and uncomfortable, I hope he's at peace.

For those of you who may not have known him, Rick was a very long time BEN(N) guy. He loved his family, his pets (I'll always remember his Buddy stories), old BMWs, motorcycles, and sailing. I always wanted to get down to Long Island and meet him in person but unfortunately I never did. Knowing he's gone leaves a sad hole in the world. My heart aches for his family and friends, in real life and here online. He'll be missed.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
May 26, 2016 10:11PM
It is sad to know that people we have conversed with and enjoyed the conversations with are no longer with us.

Bob in Lake Havasu
May 28, 2016 01:02AM
That is sad news. Rick was a member long before I got here. I'll remember him as a gentle man, loving his cars, bikes, boats, wive and daughters. He'll be missed. I wish his friends and family strength in their mourning.
May 30, 2016 06:32AM
I don't know what else to say.
His words will be remembered.
August 26, 2016 07:39AM
Wow, what bad news. I obviously don't check in to the community forum very often. I was just looking around since the site has been down a few days and saw this.

I'll miss Rick's posts too. He always had something interesting to say.

John
September 14, 2016 02:05PM
So saddened. Rick was one of my favorites on the board. A truly great spirit, he will be missed. Hopefully, his family can find some measure of tranquility in this terrible loss.
June 15, 2017 10:07PM
Well, l am embarrassed to say this is the first time I've seen this posting. Yes, it is a terrible loss. I did meet him once in Long Island maybe eight years ago or so. I was visiting some family members who have a place in eastern Long Island. He and I had lunch at a sandwich shop. I remember him speaking about his daughter and his former landlord who Rick can help to care for quite extensively during the last year of the man's life. It was really quite touching I think.

Be well Rick. See you around the next bend.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login