December 14, 2015 05:24PM
The Seattle Times has an article in it today about "Turo" a peer to peer car rental online company somewhat similar to airbnb.
I have come into another E-30 four door with automatic that I wonder what to do with and am curious what the rental interest for it might be. I know, it is not a performance car even though it is one of the best BMW models made but it does have an automatic and too many doors.

Bob in Lake Havasu
December 14, 2015 10:49PM
I think most people who rent cars this way, want a cheap and reliable car that is big enough for their temporary need. The ones that cost extra are often very flashy cars like Porsches. I don't think there will be much of a market for a vintage car.
December 15, 2015 10:58AM
We have similar rental concepts around here. I think most people want a cheap and reliable car, big enough for their temporary need. They will also charge extra for a flashy car like a Porsche. Vintage cars are probably in low demand.
December 17, 2015 03:39AM
It is not "ultimate performance", but it's very collectible now.
Good e-30 sell for more than comparable e-36 newer models.
To be automatic and four door may be very acceptable, as most people is used to that configuration anyway.

The platform looks good, but it may end up to be the next "Uber"...

Good luck with your new business, I would rent an e-30 if I could, but I know I am not even near your customer target.

smiling smiley
December 17, 2015 04:16AM
I have tried to answer several times, but the forum will not allow my messages. Says it will have to be approved by a moderater. Oh well, trying again.

We have similar concepts of peer to peer car rental in Norway as well. Seems like most people want to rent a cheap and reliable car that is big enough for their temporary need. Some flashy cars like Porsches can be rented for higher cost. Seems like there is not much of a market for vintage cars.
December 17, 2015 05:26AM
I hear you!

Some trouble last days, but it works fine now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login