Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Teach your kid to love cars...

Posted by Jose Pinto 
November 06, 2015 07:09AM
...So he will never have spare money for drugs."

:rally:
November 07, 2015 07:06PM
That goes along with the concept that it is "hard to drive a bargain." Cars can be addictive. At least it seems like it in my case. Who really needs 6 old cars.

Bob in Lake Havasu
November 09, 2015 02:10AM
Bob in Everett
That goes along with the concept that it is "hard to drive a bargain." Cars can be addictive. At least it seems like it in my case. Who really needs 6 old cars.
Is not about needing, Jay Leno says something like "you would have too, if you could! Who wouldn't?"
He has all kinds of old and new cars, big and small, fast and slow...
And I would have too, If I had a lot of money to blow!
November 09, 2015 02:17AM
Jose Pinto
Bob in Everett
Is not about needing, Jay Leno says something like "you would have too, if you could! Who wouldn't?"
He has all kinds of old and new cars, big and small, fast and slow...
And I would have too, If I had a lot of money to blow!

I would not. My interest is not really the owning part, but the driving. I have no desire to own more than one car. More than that seems to be a waste, and I don't like wasting money, not even other people's money. If you own too many things, the things will end up owning you in the end.
November 09, 2015 09:08PM
There is some truth to that for sure. Having something and trying to keep someone else from taking it becomes a worry as well as just caring for the stuff.

Bob in Lake Havasu
November 10, 2015 04:57AM
Bob in Everett
There is some truth to that for sure. Having something and trying to keep someone else from taking it becomes a worry as well as just caring for the stuff.

Well, that worry is more about how you deal with owning something, more than how much or what you have,
For example, Rowan Atkinson was all cool on "Top Gear" telling how he crashed his McLaren, and then soon after crashed it again!
Some people has a crappy car payed for in a gazillion installments, and worries a lot more about keeping and protecting the thing. tongue sticking out smiley

Ove's attitude is towards enjoying the driving thing, and the experience, not siting at he garage detailing the car... I believe there is a lot more pleasure from driving and traveling than accumulating and owning a lot of whatever behind the wall of some garage.

I believe in enjoy what you have, and share with family and friends.
smileys with beer
November 11, 2015 07:16PM
I love my old car. It just turned over 555,555 kms.

November 12, 2015 02:25AM
Thats a serious distance travelled. Is about 14 times around Earth. Is more than the distance to the Moon, you'r half the way back.

You probably used 52000L of gasoline, and produced 122222kg of CO2 over that distance.
55 oil changes, and same number of oil filters, just short of 300L of fine motor oil.

Now one would imagine you enjoyed your car for about 9000 hours of driving pleasure, and some more time caring and fixing the car.

Keep it going!

:rally:
November 12, 2015 10:21AM
Jose Pinto
one would imagine you enjoyed your car for about 9000 hours of driving pleasure, and some more time caring and fixing the car.
I'm not responsible for every one of those hours though. I'm at least the third owner of this car.

The guy I bought it from said he bought it from someone whose online name was "Drift King". Who knows what kind of life this car led before that.
November 12, 2015 11:49AM
Ferdinand
The guy I bought it from said he bought it from someone whose online name was "Drift King". Who knows what kind of life this car led before that.

Sounds like a happy car life! :-)
November 12, 2015 03:08PM
Well, my car is an ex-taxi imported used from hamburg. It has at least 740000km, nobody knows for sure. I know only the last 110000.
Pretty good for a car loaded with story!
As far as I know, it was never raced, but nobody knows for sure.

tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login