Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

rusted cars

Posted by Jose Pinto 
June 14, 2015 09:07AM
[www.icon4x4.com]

There is a trend to "renew" the mechanical parts and leave the car body rusted....
The kind of money put into that would be enough for a lot of different cars
The can make my crapy ex-taxi look good!
What do you people feel about this?
June 16, 2015 08:06PM
There does seem to be a trend for that here too. Car shows I have been to recently usually have a few examples of unrestored cars that are running well enough to take to show.

Bob in Lake Havasu
June 17, 2015 05:10PM
I'm glad to see old cars get saved, no matter how far gone they are. My E30 is rough looking, but it has a nice new set of wheels on it and it's in great mechanical shape, so I guess I'm right on trend.

John
June 19, 2015 03:31AM
John Yust
I'm glad to see old cars get saved, no matter how far gone they are. My E30 is rough looking, but it has a nice new set of wheels on it and it's in great mechanical shape, so I guess I'm right on trend.

John

My old car will be on trend in a few years allright!
But perhaps there will be another new big thing then...

The coll thing about having an old car is we don't have to update and follow trens, just enjoy what the car has to give.
:cool2:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2015 03:32AM by Jose Pinto.
June 21, 2015 09:26AM
I like having a nice looking car but it does not need to be new. I like the simplicity of the older cars and continue to enjoy my E-30.

:burnout:

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
June 21, 2015 09:11PM
Bob in Everett
I like having a nice looking car but it does not need to be new. I like the simplicity of the older cars and continue to enjoy my E-30.

:burnout:

I feel the same way, after a few years of driving the E46 I'm starting to get the E30 back in to shape. I love the thirty. I don't know about the clear coating of rust thou, not my thing but I'm a restorer.... of things :wavey:

perseverance furthers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login