And may I say
Shit has gotton out of hand-
And I’m stopping when I can
Take a breath to understand
Damn-role models quicken into sand
And I’m looking at the brand of man society demands
January 25, 2009 06:03PM
I agree 100%

We have to get past this 'Me, Me, Me' generation...but how are we going to do that with all the 'Me, Me, Me' parent/role models?
rkj
January 25, 2009 08:52PM
Yeah, this thing spoke to me on a few levels... Poems are cool like that- smileys with beer
January 25, 2009 10:00PM
Back in high school(at the Singapore American School) I had to do a term paper on a poem.

I chose this one...

Reminiscences of Famished Chickens Assembled on the Ridge of a (Flying) Machine by Yuen Ren Chao

Chick, chick, chickens! Chickens, chick, chick!
Several chickens squeezed and assembled on the machine's ridge.
The machine was extremely swift; the chickens extremely famished.
The chickens surmised their skill was sufficient to strike some perch.

The machine having crossed the suburbs of Chi.
The chickens reckoned the swift machine should stir up several perch.
The machine was swift; the perch extremely scared.
Hastily they squeezed and assembled in the interstices of stone steps.

Subsequently the perch's traces were extremely silent, silent.
Subsequently the chickens, since still famished, said chick, chick!

I immediately saw so many parallels to stories the Airforce guys on R&R told us about their exploits in Viet Nam. I called the paper "My Brother's Keeper" and fashioned the fallacy of the Viet Nam policy from the poem.

My paper scored an A+ and was printed in the school news paper. It was also sent by my Lit teacher to a couple of good Universities in the US. One of them offered me a scholarship based on the paper and recommendations from my teachers. I never took advantage of it though.

I could never write poetry but have always been able to interpret them and take something from them smileys with beer
rkj
January 26, 2009 04:49AM
Archeo-peteriX
I could never write poetry but have always been able to interpret them and take something from them smileys with beer

Poems are so cool like that, I've never been good at writing them either. It seems to be an art I'm only good at enjoying after reading smiling smiley but like a fine piece of music, I'm fine with that!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login