Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ix snow plow smiling smiley

Posted by jaffar 
January 30, 2015 09:19AM
[detroit.craigslist.org]

--
A physics truck just turned over outside. There's physics everywhere!
January 31, 2015 07:33PM
Wow, that is something I've never seen before. It's pretty cool, but I suspect that poor car is seriously beat up. Plowing snow is pretty rough on a vehicle. Around here there are hundreds of people with snowplows on their vehicles, and every single one of them is a 4WD truck, mostly V8 Fords and Chevy/GMC. Even they get pretty tired after a few years of serious plowing.

It's good to see someone else ice racing their iX, though. I missed our first local event here because of exhaust problems with mine. I'm hoping to get it back out on the ice in a few weeks. The iX is so totally at home on the ice, it's a joy to drive.

February 01, 2015 12:18AM
Dave_G
It's good to see someone else ice racing their iX, though. I missed our first local event here because of exhaust problems with mine. I'm hoping to get it back out on the ice in a few weeks. The iX is so totally at home on the ice, it's a joy to drive.

My experience is that the RWD E30s are more fun to drive than the iX on ice. The AWD makes the weight balance very front biased, and
it tends to understeer a lot unless you drive it in a very brutal way. It does however help considerably to install a significantly stiffer rear
swaybar on the iX.

If I was to build the ultimate ice racing E30, it would have an S50 engine, manual gearbox, RWD, no ABS, rather stiff LSD and rally tires.
February 01, 2015 02:41AM
This how snow plowing should be done! :-)

Snow plowing
February 02, 2015 03:09AM
The IX looks fine, considering the age...

I could have used a plow today, to move leaves and branches from the way!
We got pouring rain and wind over here...

:rolleyes:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login