Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for a driveshaft...

Posted by 87White325e 
August 30, 2014 04:26PM
so my e30 has been sittin for a while due to what seems like a drive shaft issue .. all i know is it probably needs replaced. so ive been searching for one for a while and sofar now luck. ya i could always buy a new one but im not in the type of position quite yet.. anyways im looking for a 87 5 speed manual driveshaft.. and im willing to pay up to 120 for a used one. ive heard that there are different sizes for early and late model e30s so i also need input on that if anyone has time.. im new here so ill post pix soon ..

thanx, Jeff
August 30, 2014 08:16PM
Maybe all you need is the Guibo?

Bob in Lake Havasu
September 02, 2014 03:45AM
You mean the drive shaft from the diff to the rear wheel or the one from the Gear box to the diff?

What are the symptoms, the car can't pull when in gear?
$120 sounds like a lot of money for a new drive shaft, and perhaps all you need is the consumables that go in it.
Can't you search that part in wreckyards near you?

Good luck!
September 02, 2014 04:02AM
Jose Pinto
You mean the drive shaft from the diff to the rear wheel or the one from the Gear box to the diff?

$120 sounds like a lot of money for a new drive shaft, and perhaps all you need is the consumables that go in it.

Good luck!

Isn't the one between gearbox and diff called a propeller shaft?
If we are talking about the ones between diff and wheel, I think there is a difference between ABS brakes or not.
I had to replace one on my 318iS due to vibrations. A joint locked up under load.
September 02, 2014 06:45AM
Ove Kvam
Jose Pinto

Good luck!

Isn't the one between gearbox and diff called a propeller shaft?
If we are talking about the ones between diff and wheel, I think there is a difference between ABS brakes or not.
I had to replace one on my 318iS due to vibrations. A joint locked up under load.

I believe this is the part. This place sells online based in Germany for all Europe.
onlinecarparts
Make sure your car has ABS or not.
There are shops where you can give the old part, and get e renewed and warranted one for about half that money.

:wavey:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2014 06:46AM by Jose Pinto.
rkj
September 03, 2014 07:28PM
I bought one and had it shipped to new york for about 200 bucks. Came in strudy tube and I put it in and sent my old one back. I forget where I got it but the only down side is sometimes they don't have a core in stock so you have to send them your shaft.... Google it. rebuilt drive shaft.

Cheers, Rick

perseverance furthers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login