Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Had a little accident with the daily driver

Posted by Jose Pinto 
The other Monday some woman in her old Fiat jumped from a "Stop" sign in front of my car, and the front of the Benz was crushed into the side of her car.
Just got the check from the insurance to pay for the repair, but it will only clear next Friday.

I have it running with a couple new headlights,plus bumper and hood from the wreck yard, still unpainted (donor car is dark grey).
Now I can't decide if I will touch up the paint and keep the Ivory taxi livery, or throw some more money into it and repaint the whole car in "civilian" colors.

This is how it was before the accident. The worst side was the back, and it was undamaged, only the front was affected.
Either way, I will only have it painted about mid August.
Will give it a decent clean and polish, as it never seen in the recent years.

:biggrin:
Good thing the insurance company was their to cover the damages.

Painting one part of the car will always show a mismatch. Since you say the back side is not in great shape, I would go ahead and treat the whole car to a fresh coat of paint. :cool2:
Archeo-peteriX
Good thing the insurance company was their to cover the damages.

Painting one part of the car will always show a mismatch. Since you say the back side is not in great shape, I would go ahead and treat the whole car to a fresh coat of paint. :cool2:

Well, the insurance only covered part of the estimate, due to low commercial value of the car. That's why I sourced some parts from the wreck yard.
Compromises...:cloud:

If I was to go for a complete coat, in the original metal color, the job may be near the value of the entire car.
Touching the affected parts in the same ivory color will leave the mismatch, and some money on my side.
This car is a daily driver, not a restoration project. Plus there are some other aspects needing attention, like interior, suspension...

Decisions decisions!
:rolleyes:
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login