Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finally Maged to get back on this forum

Posted by Bob P 325is 88 
Hi there - its Bob P. back. I haven't been on the forum for a long time (maybe 3 years), but I have been visiting often. Just every time I tried to log in, the forum would reject me by saying that I was a hacker.

I sent my ,88 325is to the junkyard in the sky about 3 years ago. It had 666,000 kms on it and the drive trai still running strongly, but the electricals were shot and much body work was going to be necessary. Went 2 years without a BMW, driving a Subaru Impreza which has served well for that purpose.

finally found, last year, the E60 that I have been looking for. Its a 2005 545 with 6 speed manual - a rarebird indeed.

She isn't twice the E30, but she is FAST, if not quite a nimble as the E30.

Nice to be back onthe forum, though. My moniker on the E60 forum is FormerE30Owner, so that shows my affection for and loyalty to the E30.

salut, bob p.

Salut,

Bob P.
The newer BMWs are awsome cars but the E-30 is just so nimble that I prefer driving it to the 740 except for the road trips the full length of the I-5 like I did last weekend. Two days of driving all day. Was glad to get into the E-30 to get to work on Monday though.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Heu Bob!

The forum is so good, it found out you are a hacker!
:stickpoke:

Nice to hear from you!
I am still stuck in the 80's,concerning cars...
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Bob P 325is 88
Hi there - its Bob P. back. I haven't been on the forum for a long time (maybe 3 years), but I have been visiting often. Just every time I tried to log in, the forum would reject me by saying that I was a hacker.

Wow, sorry about that, Bob! That shouldn't happen. Sounds like the spam-prevention software is being too aggressive. I'll see if I can correct that. If you can send me details (like precise error messages) on what happened when you tried to log in, it might help as I try to fix it.

Anyway, welcome back!

I too had to relinquish my iX about 4 years ago; I had to sell it to pay the property taxes :cloud:
Fortunately it went to a young anthusiast who is taking good care of it.

Your new ride sounds like a dream machine :cool2:
Dave_G
Bob P 325is 88

Wow, sorry about that, Bob! That shouldn't happen. Sounds like the spam-prevention software is being too aggressive. I'll see if I can correct that. If you can send me details (like precise error messages) on what happened when you tried to log in, it might help as I try to fix it.

Anyway, welcome back!
I checked the logs and figured out what happened. The forum rejected you when you tried to log in as BobP325is88, but allowed you to log in as Bob P 325is 88. Your user name has spaces in it, and if you leave out the spaces, the forum thinks you're a different user who's not registered, so it rejects the login.

Hope this helps! Good to see you back!

It is nice to be back, even though I don't drive an E30 anymore, after having driven one for over 30yrs. This forum has much more sympathetic members, compared to the E60 forum, which really has mostly what seems 17 year olds looking to modify their cars and no serious knowledge of their automobile nor any other.

Salut,

Bob P.
Bob P 325is 88
Thanks Dave. I guess I got used to not leaving spaces, since most credit card numbers are requested without spaces even though the numbers as shown on the cards do have spaces.

It is nice to be back, even though I don't drive an E30 anymore, after having driven one for over 30yrs. This forum has much more sympathetic members, compared to the E60 forum, which really has mostly what seems 17 year olds looking to modify their cars and no serious knowledge of their automobile nor any other.

E30 drivers are something else.
:cool2:

Yesterday I was staring at a very clean 320i 4 door, ant the owner came and asked "anything wrong?" I said I used to have one just like his, only a 2 door.
This one was owned by an aged couple very nice, they said it was a very good car and they had it for a while now, and were very happy.

smileys with beer
I also stop to stare at examples of my older cars, especially my old '73 2002 tii, when i see one.:biggrin:

Salut,

Bob P.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login