Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Clue me in!

Posted by wodcutr 
January 22, 2009 11:23AM
OK, I think I'm an idiot for not being able to figure this out, but I need help. I can not for the life of me figure out what bump means in a for sale add and also tt or ttt. I am not much of a texter on the cell phone as I prefer to just dial a number and speak. Anyway, I usually can figure out most things if put in context but these two are driving me nuts. I guess I am just not hip enough to know and my kids couldn't tell me either! Thanks to all you hippies that are up on the latest jargon.
January 22, 2009 12:11PM
bump is just something to post to bring the thread to the top of a forum for viewers to see without searching for it. Because you are "bumping" the thread to the top again. I think tt and ttt are the same thing, but I don't know what they stand for.
January 22, 2009 12:30PM
Andy 90 325i
bump is just something to post to bring the thread to the top of a forum for viewers to see without searching for it. Because you are "bumping" the thread to the top again. I think tt and ttt are the same thing, but I don't know what they stand for.

Just a guess...tt = to top; ttt = to the top confused smiley
January 22, 2009 01:25PM
Makes sense now...it seems so simple yet I couldn't figure it out. I guess my mind is too complex for the simple stuff! Thanks for the info.
rkj
January 22, 2009 02:23PM
Are you callin my friend a simpleton? smiling bouncing smiley
January 22, 2009 02:27PM
Archeo-peteriX

Good call, probably is! Haha, simple indeed. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
January 22, 2009 03:45PM
I'm not calling anyone anything other than the fact that I was clueless and now I'm not. No simpletons around here that I can see. I knew that if I asked a stupid question I would eventually get a stupid reply. Does that mean that y'all are stupid? Not in the least...just that we all have a sense of humor and enjoy pointing out another's folly. Oh well, I don't think I am doing anything here but digging myself a deeper hole. Go ahead, pick on the new guy. Just remember that I can dish it out too!grinning smiley
January 22, 2009 04:13PM
wodcutr
I'm not calling anyone anything other than the fact that I was clueless and now I'm not. No simpletons around here that I can see. I knew that if I asked a stupid question I would eventually get a stupid reply. Does that mean that y'all are stupid? Not in the least...just that we all have a sense of humor and enjoy pointing out another's folly. Oh well, I don't think I am doing anything here but digging myself a deeper hole. Go ahead, pick on the new guy. Just remember that I can dish it out too!grinning smiley

LOL ... Rick was pulling your wooden leg grinning smiley
January 22, 2009 09:25PM
Archeo-peteriX
Andy 90 325i

funny, i always took the t's as just a preferred letter for bumping. i never thought they could stand for anything. now i feel dumb.

January 22, 2009 09:40PM
daniel
Archeo-peteriX
Andy 90 325i

funny, i always took the t's as just a preferred letter for bumping. i never thought they could stand for anything. now i feel dumb.

Don't feel dumb...I just made those up...I think grinning smiley
January 22, 2009 11:17PM
Archeo-peteriX
daniel
Archeo-peteriX
Andy 90 325i

good thing this forum has the confused emoticon to convey that confused smiley

January 23, 2009 05:38AM
Archeo-peteriX
daniel
Archeo-peteriX
Andy 90 325i

Makes sense to me. I don't think I've ever seen "tt" or "ttt" but I thought exactly what you did.

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
January 23, 2009 05:40AM
Archeo-peteriX
wodcutr

LOL ... Rick was pulling your wooden leg grinning smiley

Ouch. I hate splinters!

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login