Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oktoberfest in Monterrey, Ca

Posted by Bob in Lake Havasu 
August 26, 2013 07:25PM
The BMWCCA put on quite a party for Oktoberfest even if it was in August. Four track days at Laguna Seca, a Concourse with some really nice BMW iron. Some nice prizes provided by corporate sponsors and good food all around.
My youngest son brought his E-36 325i with some track tires and let me take three sessions in D group. I must have done about 20 laps or so all together. Between us, we used up most of a tank of gas on the track.

Saw a BMW sponsored reveal of the M-4. They really put on the dog for it too. Rented a hanger at the airport to have the party in and bussed us in to the "secret" location for the event. It was pretty cool.

Sure was fun to see some really nice cars on the track. One enterprising soul had put an S14 engine in a 2002 for a nice track experience.

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 24, 2013 11:44PM
Bob in Everett
The BMWCCA put on quite a party for Oktoberfest even if it was in August. Four track days at Laguna Seca, a Concourse with some really nice BMW iron. Some nice prizes provided by corporate sponsors and good food all around.
My youngest son brought his E-36 325i with some track tires and let me take three sessions in D group. I must have done about 20 laps or so all together. Between us, we used up most of a tank of gas on the track.

Saw a BMW sponsored reveal of the M-4. They really put on the dog for it too. Rented a hanger at the airport to have the party in and bussed us in to the "secret" location for the event. It was pretty cool.

Sure was fun to see some really nice cars on the track. One enterprising soul had put an S14 engine in a 2002 for a nice track experience.

Hi,

Egad, had I known, had I a few spare days.... Well, maybe next year.

Surely, I would need to park "around the corner."

Cheers, Kelly
October 25, 2013 05:08PM
The Oktoberfest for next year is going to be quite different. For some reason, it is going to be held in the middle of Colorado at a resort. Not sure what the driving experiennces will be. There are lots of really "interesting" roads there including the one to the top of Pike's Peak.

Bob in Lake Havasu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login