Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New kid in town

Posted by Michiel 318iS 
August 15, 2013 12:55PM
Last Tuesday the wife gave birth to our 2nd child, a girl this time. The name is Lena and both are doing well. As the boy she came to the world after a caesarean, which makes the dad is a bit more involved in changing diapers at the moment.

Beer for everyone!
:mmbeer:smileys with beer
August 15, 2013 03:56PM
All the best for the family!
Welcome to the world Lena!

:mmbeer:
August 15, 2013 05:19PM
Congratultions to you and Mrs Michiel :cool2:
Welcome little Lena :wavey:

Enjoy every diaper change; every scuffed knee and every hug...they grow up way too soon.
rkj
August 16, 2013 06:45AM
Archeo-peteriX
Congratultions to you and Mrs Michiel :cool2:
Welcome little Lena :wavey:

Enjoy every diaper change; every scuffed knee and every hug...they grow up way too soon.

What he said smileys with beer :heart:smileys with beer
August 16, 2013 07:16PM
Yes, they do grow up soon. It will seem slow at first but accelerates rapidly after 10 years or so when they start acting like teens. Then just tell them to get jobs while they still know everything.

Bob in Lake Havasu
August 27, 2013 02:41PM
Congrats! :mmbeer:

(and, uh, hi to everyone... it's been a while. :wavey: )

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
October 24, 2013 11:58PM
Hi Michiel,

By now your house is probably settled into a comfortable pattern!

Huge congrats!

Kelly :-)
October 25, 2013 09:05AM
Do you ever really get settled when there's kids involved? Always something new going on! Enjoying it for sure!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2013 09:06AM by Michiel 318iS.
October 25, 2013 03:03PM
He has 2 months now.
He can see and hear right, now, so he is starting to interact with parents, and really smiling and playing. He wants to touch and explore diferent objects, with colours and textures...
The movements are more controled, soon he will be able to reach objects, then put them in the mouth and throw away... tongue sticking out smiley
Next month he will lift his head and hold for a moment, as well as pick objects and hold them, it is quite an accomplishment.

Mostly, he will start to sleep more time in a row, letting the parents rest a bit. Not the entire night, yet.

Enjoy!
October 26, 2013 05:06AM
Well, he's a she! She lets us sleep all night since her 6th week, good girl! She smiles a lot when you give her attention and knows how to cry for it (quite a different cry, sounds more like a cat). She's exploring and holding our hands and when she doesn't want to, she pushes them away. If you take her hands, she's trying to sit up. She eats well, she's a little fatty, a little Bibendum, just as my sister was.

Luckily, her brother likes her, wants to kiss and cuddle all the time.
October 26, 2013 06:56PM
Michiel 318iS
Last Tuesday the wife gave birth to our 2nd child, a girl this time. The name is Lena and both are doing well. As the boy she came to the world after a caesarean, which makes the dad is a bit more involved in changing diapers at the moment.

Beer for everyone!
:mmbeer:smileys with beer

Congatulations on your new daughter :dance:

Changing diapers is a special bonding time for parents and their children smileys with beer
October 28, 2013 02:23PM
Thanks.

Well, Once in a while I ask my son if he's gonna change my diaper in a couple of years... Special bonding time :-)
October 28, 2013 09:33PM
Michiel 318iS
Thanks.

Well, Once in a while I ask my son if he's gonna change my diaper in a couple of years... Special bonding time :-)

Unfourtunately, we may wind up takeing care of our parents longer than they took care of us.

Bob in Lake Havasu
October 29, 2013 09:52AM
Bob in Everett
Michiel 318iS
Thanks.

Unfourtunately, we may wind up takeing care of our parents longer than they took care of us.

No kidding...my dad lasted until just before his 100th birthday!

My kids will never be in a situation where they will be able to afford to look after me though sad smiley
October 29, 2013 10:00AM
Archeo-peteriX
Bob in Everett
Michiel 318iS
Thanks.

No kidding...my dad lasted until just before his 100th birthday!

My kids will never be in a situation where they will be able to afford to look after me though sad smiley

Well done!
thumbs up

What kind of society we are creating, most young adults can't have children of their own, most of the older can't have a confortable life anymore.
:cloud:
October 29, 2013 10:04AM
Michiel 318iS
Well, he's a she! She lets us sleep all night since her 6th week, good girl! She smiles a lot when you give her attention and knows how to cry for it (quite a different cry, sounds more like a cat). She's exploring and holding our hands and when she doesn't want to, she pushes them away. If you take her hands, she's trying to sit up. She eats well, she's a little fatty, a little Bibendum, just as my sister was.

Luckily, her brother likes her, wants to kiss and cuddle all the time.

My bad, you wrote above she was named "Lena".
Love the name.
15 in the future, picture yourself with a shotgun at the window, and a boy running in "zig-zag" with the head low.
hot smiley
October 29, 2013 11:11AM
Oh yeah! I'll scare them to death.

My father in law is always in for a little joke (just as I am), when my wife's sister presented her boyfriend, he got a tea for a drink. For the 2nd cup, he carelessly said the tea-bag could easily be used once more. The poor boy didn't date to ask for a new one and just put it in his cup... I guess I'll be a little something like him...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login