Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Frozen fish

Posted by Michiel 318iS 
February 09, 2013 11:20AM
I hope Nemo isn't bothering you guys too much. We have had about 2 weeks of snow, a mere 10 cm and 2 days of slow traffic. I'd like to have some more to take full advantage of my winter tyres.
February 09, 2013 02:44PM
I hope our friends from the East of the US are doing ok with all the snow...
:wavey:
February 09, 2013 04:55PM
Jose Pinto
I hope our friends from the East of the US are doing ok with all the snow...

Hey, I live in the eastern US and it was sunny and 60 degrees F here today. Of course, that's the south eastern US, not the north eastern. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

John
rkj
February 09, 2013 10:16PM
Here there was maybe a foot of snow but it was a howling night! I'm down with an ear infection that really hurts and the lights were flickering plenty, thank goodness they held the night through, and today. Janet shoveled one car out, well, almost out. She made the best soup today. I love that womensmileys with beer

Cab got more snow (he's also sick, with the flue) so his wife did duty today too.

I love it when the real snow starts to fly, things get quiet and you know you're in for a different kind of time- hopefully you have a nice animal and a good companion and a few things to tinker with so the magic can happen.

Cheers, Rick
February 10, 2013 02:33PM
John Yust

Hey, I live in the eastern US and it was sunny and 60 degrees F here today. Of course, that's the south eastern US, not the north eastern. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

John

You made me check Google maps, I had the idea TN was inland, sure enough it still is. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
I know "East of USA" is a vast territory, with all kinds of weather...
Tennessee alone is about the size of mainland Portugal.

Yesterday we got sunny and warm, today lots of rain to ruin Carnival celebrations.:furious:
No snow though, seems we will have no more of it this winter.
NEMO took it all...
February 10, 2013 02:42PM
Rick, get better soon!
February 10, 2013 05:07PM
We only got about 6-8" (20 cm) up here in central Vermont, not as much as coastal New England got, but enough to go out and have fun skiing up on the mountain. I have the perfect arrangement: I get to have fun driving the iX up the mountain in the snow, then I get to have fun skiing around the mountain, and then I get to have fun driving the iX back down the mountain in the snow. So much fun I can hardly stand it. grinning smiley

Of course, tomorrow I'll be back at work and all that fun will come to a screeching halt, but let's not dwell on that.

And next weekend, I'll have the iX back out in the snow again for the 11-hour-long Vermont Winter Challenge Rally. There are usually two iXes that show up for these events, mine and a fellow from Massachusetts's. It's a rare treat to really let the iX shine in its element, and it's one of the highlights of my year!

February 12, 2013 08:55PM
Jose Pinto
Rick, get better soon!

Thanks Jose, it turned out to be shingles, very painfull deal...

Cheers, Rick
February 13, 2013 04:19AM
rkj
Jose Pinto
Rick, get better soon!

Thanks Jose, it turned out to be shingles, very painfull deal...

Cheers, Rick

Too late, Carnival is gone now!
If you wish to unplugo your hears, play this VERY LOUD!
[www.youtube.com]
February 13, 2013 12:13PM
And if that's too loud, get this one for starters:
[www.youtube.com]
February 13, 2013 06:32PM
Hey I feel for you. I had shingles myself about 3 years ago. No way to get comfortable no matter what you do. Takes weeks to get over too. There ought to be a law against this stuff.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
February 27, 2013 08:44PM
Bob in Everett
Hey I feel for you. I had shingles myself about 3 years ago. No way to get comfortable no matter what you do. Takes weeks to get over too. There ought to be a law against this stuff.

Hey Bob, how many weeks eye rolling smiley was it before you saw relief. I'm in to my third and this really turning out to be no fun. I have it on the right side of my head but not inside my ear or in my eyes. Janet had to take two courses on antivirals to stop hers...She had hers almost all summer, what a drag!
February 28, 2013 08:52PM
It took about 3 weeks to calm down enough that I could sleep. I was a little disgusted with the doctors as they made me wait till there was a huge rash that was very painful before giving me the medication that would help. I suspected it was Shingles when I went in and said so but they wanted to wait and see. Well it turns out that the sooner the medicine is started, the less severe it gets. So they could have saved me a lot of pain but did not. I hope the doctor gets shingles herself someday just for payback. Well, that is a lot of pain to wish on anyone. Maybe not.

In severe cases, the pain can be near permanent at some level. My mother had a lingering nerve damage problem with it for a long time. I had not idea at the time what she was going through. I would have been a lot more sympathetic had I known.

Bob in Lake Havasu
rkj
March 05, 2013 10:20PM
Bob in Everett
It took about 3 weeks to calm down enough that I could sleep. I was a little disgusted with the doctors as they made me wait till there was a huge rash that was very painful before giving me the medication that would help. I suspected it was Shingles when I went in and said so but they wanted to wait and see. Well it turns out that the sooner the medicine is started, the less severe it gets. So they could have saved me a lot of pain but did not. I hope the doctor gets shingles herself someday just for payback. Well, that is a lot of pain to wish on anyone. Maybe not.

In severe cases, the pain can be near permanent at some level. My mother had a lingering nerve damage problem with it for a long time. I had not idea at the time what she was going through. I would have been a lot more sympathetic had I known.

Oh yes, my doctor said hit it early and hit hard. Waiting is bad news for sure. I'm following up the antivirial drugs with olive leaf extract which is a natural antivirial so hopefuly it will shorten the duration and ease this monster head, ear and neck pain I've had for the last 3-4 weeks. That kind of pain day after day, week after week will make you crazy....

My wife had them two years ago and all I did was look after her (all summer). I had just bought a new (er) motorcycle and it was hard not getting on it any old time I felt like it :eyes:

She still suffers damage from it. Geez!

Thanks, Rick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login