Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

325e vs 325i injectors

Posted by Milo 
March 20, 2012 08:03PM
They're different aren't they?

I got a free set of E30 injectors, spent the money to have them professionally cleaned/flowed and now my car runs like crap. I thought I read on the interwebs that they were all the same but I'm obviously a doofus.

Old injectors were black/gray, new injectors are light blue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt in Everett, WA

BMW n00b with a 1987 325e
March 21, 2012 03:54AM
Yep, different part numbers on realOEM. German efficiency means each model has injectors that can deliver the maximum fuel that each particular engine needs. No more, no less!

Leaning out under load is not cool, best drive like a grandma until you've got the correct injectors in.
March 21, 2012 09:44PM
Matt,
If you make a few (6) short trips that get the car up to temp and let it cool down between, the computer should correct the fuel mixture. I had a similar experience with some larger injectors I used for a while. I have had the blue ones in my car and they work fine.

Bob

Bob in Lake Havasu
March 21, 2012 11:00PM
Bob in Everett
the computer should correct the fuel mixture
I have had the blue ones in my car and they work fine.
:eek1: I'm guessing the 325e injectors will be lower flow rate, so I'd be worried about leaning out under load.
March 22, 2012 06:22AM
I rigged a 9V battery to pop the old injectors open while I sprayed carb cleaner through backwards (didn't see much in the way of crud) and reinstalled. A quick run around the block and its back to normal, not enough time to give it a good run to see if the half-fast cleaning did any good.

Sparkly clean injectors in a can :wall:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matt in Everett, WA

March 22, 2012 01:28PM
He's got an eta, with i in injectors in there. Should turn out OK after a while, as long as the O2 sensor works fine.
March 22, 2012 01:52PM
Woops, I had it totally the wrong way around (thought your car was "i" and you had swapped to "e" injectors). :bag:

So I totally agree with everything Bob says.
March 22, 2012 08:27PM
So, after copious self-flagellation I could have left them in and been OK after my dumb no-code-throwin' computer figured it out?

I could have them back in in an hour, maybe I'll try it this weekend just out of curiosity.

Matt in Everett, WA

March 23, 2012 07:13PM
I tried cleaning my injectors that way too and without much success. The local place to have them cleaned correctly is Witchhunter in Bothell. He will take UPS or mail order and have them back in a day or two. I took mine there myself and picked them up too. Since he works out of his house he does not encourage that type service but he showed me through his operation. It is very professional and I was happy with the results. Need to have it done again though. He charged me about $100 for the 6 injectors. Probably more now that the cost of all the cleaning fluids has increased in price.

Bob in Lake Havasu
March 24, 2012 08:33AM
Witchhunter cleaned the i injectors, $130 + $20 shipping that I'll never see again....

Matt in Everett, WA

March 24, 2012 10:44PM
Matt,
What are you going to do with the injectors?

Bob in Lake Havasu
March 25, 2012 07:21AM
$50 and they're yours.
I was going to post them on the regional BMW board, CL or ebay.

Fair?

Matt in Everett, WA

March 25, 2012 09:15AM
Fair enough. I will take them.

I could pick them up tomorrow...?

Bob in Lake Havasu
August 31, 2012 09:02AM
Hi All
Here is a Bosch Injector application chart, just sayin' :whistle:

Bosch Injector Application Chart

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login