Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

new to the community

Posted by silverdoller 
December 23, 2010 03:22PM
hi everyone, well im here because im about to buy a 90' 325i with a bad transmission .the car is nice in and out and for $700 i dont know?what i would like to know is... if i can swap the bad tranny with another one, maybe one from like a 88' or another model?? all help would be greatly appreciated.! oh and is $700 bad for the car....it has 226.000 miles..........confused smiley thanks guys!!!
December 23, 2010 04:17PM
Good price for the car!! The tranny replacement will cost $200 to $500 depending on who has one and how bad they want to get rid of it. I am assuming manual...I saw an automatic for $100 on some site just last week.

Several folks around the Seattle have parted out some of these cars. You will not regret buying this wonderful car.

Bob in Everett
December 23, 2010 04:29PM
thanks.!!
December 23, 2010 06:15PM
The tranny from several years will fit. Just have to be careful that the drive shaft length is matched for the new one you get. If you get a chance might want to measure the length of the one from the car you get it from.

Bob in Everett
December 24, 2010 03:22PM
soooo to make me job easier take the driveshaft as well??
December 24, 2010 04:37PM
silverdoller
soooo to make me job easier take the driveshaft as well??

If it's only your time; grab it. The thing may just be what you need smileys with beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login