Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What the hell are Angel Eyes?

Posted by Flyboy 
December 22, 2010 08:57PM
Hi All
I just know this is going to sound like dumbest question ever to grace this fine board, but I really do not know.

I am busy shopping around for a new headlamp, as my got taken out by a piece of truck retread that came off a truck on the freeway a while ago, the outer, lowbeam one.
Yesterday a woman from the car spares place phones me to ask if I want/need the Angel Eye headlight...????????

I don't know, I guess so, I would think, mine being one of the last e30's to come off the line, would have all the good stuff, no?
So can you fine folk and pillars of knowledge please explain to me, exactly, what the hell are Angel Eyes?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E30'S AREN'T BUILT, THEY'RE CAUGHT IN THE WILD!!!

When in doubt, use full throttle,
it may not improve the situation, but it will end the suspence.
December 22, 2010 10:31PM
They have an illuminated ring around the lamp...you probably do not want them.

Bob in Everett
December 22, 2010 10:37PM
Bob in Everett

Bob in Everett

And more importantly, angle eyes are not stock on E30s. There are stock fitments, but they are aftermarket and were made years after the E30 left the production line. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong smiling smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1989 - E30 - M20 - Manual. Approximately 270,000 miles
2000 - E46 - M52TUB28 - Manual. Approximately 110,000 miles
March 04, 2011 08:37PM
Earendil
Bob in Everett

Bob in Everett

And more importantly, angle eyes are not stock on E30s. There are stock fitments, but they are aftermarket and were made years after the E30 left the production line. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong smiling smiley

The first stock angel eyes are on the e60 5 series if I recall. No 3 series until the e90 comes with them stock.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login