Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

325i engine air intake tube confusion

Posted by nomis3613 
Hi,
I've finally got around to getting an intake tube (#10 here), only to discover that the 318i uses a slightly different tube to my 325i (1989 year). D'oh!

But anyway, just wondering where the air actually comes from? The pipe would seem to end just below the left headlights, but I can't see a hole in the grill anywhere near there. Just wondering, where is the air meant to come from? Or is the purpose of the tube just to get the intake away from the hot air behind the radiator?

Thanks,
Simon
On the 325i there is an opening in the plate directly below the head lights. Part #11 fits into a plastic part that anchors it to the plate and hole.
sdp
Thanks for that link.. Got it bookmarked. Love the illustrations.. Better than RealOEM.
@ Peter: thanks! Do you mean the plastic plate within the engine bay? I got it through that opening, just wondering that there's no hole in the grille etc where the combustion air comes in.

@sdp: yeah, I found that site by accident recently. It's really handy to be able to click on individual parts.
nomis3613
@ Peter: thanks! Do you mean the plastic plate within the engine bay? I got it through that opening, just wondering that there's no hole in the grille etc where the combustion air comes in.

To be honest, I never bothered looking past the plastic plate and the hole in the metal wall. Since the car runs fine, I have to assume there is an adequate openning up front grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login