Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cloth Seat Covers

Posted by alanrw 
May 21, 2010 02:22PM
Does anyone have a source for factory replacement cloth seat covers for an '84 325E with the Sport Seat option in Pearl Beige? Evidently, BMW has ceased production for these parts. They used to be available at the dealer but no more. I need the upper seat back and the lower seat cushion.

thanks guys

alan
rkj
May 21, 2010 08:07PM
alanrw
Does anyone have a source for factory replacement cloth seat covers for an '84 325E with the Sport Seat option in Pearl Beige? Evidently, BMW has ceased production for these parts. They used to be available at the dealer but no more. I need the upper seat back and the lower seat cushion.

thanks guys

alan

This sounds like an impossible task.... sheepskins?, recaros??

I choose seats and the skins; what a difference a good seat makes smiling smiley

Rick
May 22, 2010 05:34AM
rkj
This sounds like an impossible task.
I dunno about impossible, but it sounds really, really hard. I see used cloth seats (of any color) show up for sale about once a year or two. The chances of those being the correct color are slim. I think your best bet would be to contact a BMW recycler (such as Euro Depot, etc.) that sees a lot of E30s and let them know what you're looking for.

May 22, 2010 07:48AM
Like said above, used is the option, and is not easy to find the exact color in good shape.
You may as well find the complete set in good shape, that may be an option to have all seat equal and o.e.m..
Other option is have the seats re-made by hand, that can be expensive, but the seat will be like new.

Good luck!
October 15, 2010 01:27AM
A buddy who is new to E30s may have just snarked the last one in existence from BMW over here. Sorry.

However, for a similar price, you could probably get a kit from someone like Kevin Chin from Creative Options [creativeoptions.info] and do it yourself. I was going this route until I found some perfect condition M Tech seats in a yard here.
rkj
October 16, 2010 06:21PM
longtallsally
A buddy who is new to E30s may have just snarked the last one in existence from BMW over here. Sorry.

However, for a similar price, you could probably get a kit from someone like Kevin Chin from Creative Options [creativeoptions.info] and do it yourself. I was going this route until I found some perfect condition M Tech seats in a yard here.

I still say a decent set of recaros are the right route (even a used set, or one at a time), yes, you might spend a little more you're getting a decent seat.
October 17, 2010 02:05AM
I re-read the original post and I think he has Recaros, but they might be of a different- and to some- more desirable variety? If they are the same ones as the later model cars, then I agree, you can find them for very cheap. I paid 30 euro each for the ones I got out of a touring (both passenger) that I'll be using for my recover. The only thing I still need are the heated seat elements to add them in.

But if he has the harder to find variety of seat, I might keep them if the hardware is in order and get a kit to recover them.
rkj
October 17, 2010 12:31PM
longtallsally
I re-read the original post and I think he has Recaros, but they might be of a different- and to some- more desirable variety? If they are the same ones as the later model cars, then I agree, you can find them for very cheap. I paid 30 euro each for the ones I got out of a touring (both passenger) that I'll be using for my recover. The only thing I still need are the heated seat elements to add them in.

But if he has the harder to find variety of seat, I might keep them if the hardware is in order and get a kit to recover them.

I think he was talking about the Bmw sport seats which are not Recaros, just lookalikes. I've always found them hard and generally hard on my back, but my back has been through the mill.... Wifey says the same though, on her side of my car I have a sports seat lined with foam and a deep sheepskin that makes it tolerable for trips, and it does flip down for easy snoozing at a touch of a lever which is cool- Gotta keep the girl happy smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login