Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to remove sunroof without breaking suff?

Posted by nomis3613 
Hi,
I need to remove the sunroof so that it stops in the closed position (at the moment it randomly stops 1/3 open!). Can anyone please give me some tips to getting it out?

I tried following the Bentley instructions, but was prying harder and harder and thought something would break, still it wouldn't budge.
IIRC you just have to open it part way, pull down the front of the sunroof headliner, then push it back while you close the sunroof. Once the headliner is slid back, it is pretty obvious how everything comes apart, but if you are just trying to re-time the sunroof, I don't think you even have to get in there. The timing mechanism is all contained within the motor.

I believe you just have to remove the black header bar trim, then close the sunroof and remove the motor. Then you just operate the motor until it is in its "stop" position and reinstall. It's been a while, but that is how I recall from when I did my manual to electric swap.
Thanks Andy. Yeah, I did it without removing the sunroof in the end. In fact, I adjusted the motor without even removing the trim, I just poked around inside the little access panel. It was such a pain in the arse doing it this way, so I'd highly recommend removing the trim to anyone else adjusting their sunroof!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login