Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wiring diagram to fix fuel supply problem BMW3.20i (1986)

Posted by Jake 
Hi BENN's and thanks for a great site.
I just came over a 1986 BMW 3.20i (V6, European) m20b20.
It has been standing for two years and the electrics to the fuel pump seems to be out.
The engine starts with start gas. The fuel pump works if tested straight on a battery.
It seems to be something else that is the matter. I do not have the electric circuit schedule for the car.

BENN's "Wiring diagrams" seem great, only they only apply to the 325 (M20B27). Does anyone know if the wiring is pretty much the same?
Does anyone have wiring diagrams to the BMW 3.20i 1986 (V6) model?

Best,
Jake
Jake
Hi BENN's and thanks for a great site.
I just came over a 1986 BMW 3.20i (V6, European) m20b20.
It has been standing for two years and the electrics to the fuel pump seems to be out.
The engine starts with start gas. The fuel pump works if tested straight on a battery.
It seems to be something else that is the matter. I do not have the electric circuit schedule for the car.

BENN's "Wiring diagrams" seem great, only they only apply to the 325 (M20B27). Does anyone know if the wiring is pretty much the same?
Does anyone have wiring diagrams to the BMW 3.20i 1986 (V6) model?

Best,
Jake

Hi Jake,

Hopefully one of the mods will move this to the main forum so you will get more answers.
The wiring diagrams for the M20B27 should for the most part be the same.

The M20B20 is an inline 6...BMW doesn't make a V6.

If you haven't already, grab the 1986 wiring diagrams form this link...
[shark.armchair.mb.ca]
Archeo-peteriX
Hopefully one of the mods will move this to the main forum so you will get more answers.

heh, it took me a minute, but i figured it out thumbs up

Hmmm, what about the main relay, doesn't that control the fuel pump? What about the anti theft setup?

alan
On the old site there were some articles on how to test the relay.
while you are at it, you may want to replace aged fuel tubes, that may be leaking or about to brake, and test the fuel pressure regulator.
It should be visible connected to the fuel rail, in front of the engine.
Once my car ran like real bad, and it was the sole cause.
There was an article on how to test it as well, besides the bentley or haynes manuals.
Good luck!
You can google "how to test automotive relays". There are quite a few examples of how to test relays.

alan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login