Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Injectors

Posted by nomis3613 
December 11, 2008 11:56PM
Hello to fellow members of the Noah's Ark bmwe30network forum!!

I've just bought some new injectors from fiveomotorsport and thought I'd just spread the word that their Ebay store is back in action (no, I don't get kickbacks from them unfortunately!). For some strange reason it is cheaper to buy via Ebay than directly through their website.

Anyway, I bought a set of Design III injectors (they don't sell single pintle, so I'm happy to accept that any advantage over single pintle may be negligable, eh Peter?!). The model number is new, perhaps Bosch are only making Design IIIs for our injectors now. I'll let you know how I go.

Other projects on the go are new muffler and resonator (previous owner had a droney one, now the rear muffler has gone rattly it's a good excuse) and I should really change the oil, diff oil, coolant and brake fluid sometime soon...

Looking forward to the action on this new forum, hope it appears in Google results soon, it took me a while to find the voy link to get here.

Simon
PS Cab, you have the coolest emoticon ever in your signature!!!

If I hack it to put the stick on the left (for my Aussie Beemer), that wouldn't be plagurism, would it???
December 12, 2008 12:40AM
hey, i'm glad you found it! unfortunately there isn't really any way to tell everyone to come this way...

December 12, 2008 05:07AM
nomis3613
Cab, you have the coolest emoticon ever in your signature!!!

If I hack it to put the stick on the left (for my Aussie Beemer), that wouldn't be plagurism, would it???

No problem at all. I stole, er... borrowed that little guy from somewhere a few years back, so feel free to do whatever you want to it. smileys with beer

Cab
1990 325i(s)
2004 325XiT
December 12, 2008 06:30AM
nomis3613

If I hack it to put the stick on the left (for my Aussie Beemer), that wouldn't be plagiarism, would it???

Fixed.

December 12, 2008 08:03AM
nomis3613
Hello to fellow members of the Noah's Ark bmwe30network forum!!

I've just bought some new injectors from fiveomotorsport and thought I'd just spread the word that their Ebay store is back in action (no, I don't get kickbacks from them unfortunately!). For some strange reason it is cheaper to buy via Ebay than directly through their website.

Anyway, I bought a set of Design III injectors (they don't sell single pintle, so I'm happy to accept that any advantage over single pintle may be negligable, eh Peter?!). The model number is new, perhaps Bosch are only making Design IIIs for our injectors now. I'll let you know how I go.

Other projects on the go are new muffler and resonator (previous owner had a droney one, now the rear muffler has gone rattly it's a good excuse) and I should really change the oil, diff oil, coolant and brake fluid sometime soon...

Looking forward to the action on this new forum, hope it appears in Google results soon, it took me a while to find the voy link to get here.

Simon

Hi Simon,
Glad you found us. Hopefully others will also stumble on the Voy site and find the redirect smiling smiley
The multi pintel injectors aren't going to turn the car into a barn stormer for sure but with much better atomization of the fuel charge, combustion efficiency seems to be a positive improvement. That should help to lower emissions and hopefully give a little better fuel economy.
I don't remember reading about anyone doing a longer than one tank of fuel report on fuel economy with the newer injectors. Perhaps you could monitor your fuel economy and see if there is really any improvement or not. Even if there is, we'll not know if new single pintel injectors would have mad the same improvements over the old crusted up ones.
December 12, 2008 11:40AM
Ferdinand
nomis3613

If I hack it to put the stick on the left (for my Aussie Beemer), that wouldn't be plagiarism, would it???

Fixed.

nooo, now you are pulling up the handbrake on a LHD porsche!

December 12, 2008 12:57PM
daniel
Ferdinand
nomis3613

Fixed.

nooo, now you are pulling up the handbrake on a LHD porsche!

Isn't that how you steer those things confused smiley
December 12, 2008 02:34PM
Ferdinand
Fixed.

Hahaha that is awesome, thanks Ferd! Most Euro cars here is Aus still have the indicators on the left, too. So ya end up indicating either too early or too late coz the same hand has to downshift and indicate. But I spose you guys have the same problem when you're heading into a hairpin and it suddenly starts to rain...

PS Check out my new signature...
December 12, 2008 02:43PM
Archeo-peteriX
I don't remember reading about anyone doing a longer than one tank of fuel report on fuel economy with the newer injectors. Perhaps you could monitor your fuel economy and see if there is really any improvement or not. Even if there is, we'll not know if new single pintel injectors would have mad the same improvements over the old crusted up ones.

I'd love to help with the scientific testing Peter, but a couple of problems: my odometer needs new gears (slipping, so it under-reads) and I catch the train to work so a tank of gas usually lasts me over a month (some of you guys are probably crying when you read that!!). I dunno if I'll fill up again before they are fitted, so I won't have a baseline. But I'll see what I can do...

Simon
December 12, 2008 09:51PM
This is almost off topic since it is about the injectors. I have found that clean injectors get significantly better mileage but that the mileage varies with season. Warm weather will give better mileage than cold weather. Mine is two or three mpg lower in winter while driving the same routes and speeds. Same thing happened with my old Honda, only it was 5 mpg lower in winter since it got higher mileage by almost 10 than the E30. Just one of the expenses of having the ultimate driving machine.

Bob in Everett
December 12, 2008 09:54PM
Finally found my way through the set up for the avatar. I may get this stuff after all.

Bob in Everett

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2008 06:28PM by Bob in Everett.
December 25, 2008 03:05AM
This is probably not a very useful post, but I just wanted BENN people to rest assured that my 325i got its fair share of Christmas presents.

New rear muffler fixed the nasty rattle that was especially bad in my underground carpark. Resonator reduced the 1800rpm drone so now rear passengers can join in the conversation. New injectors...well I unplugged the ECU so they're still "running in" at the moment. I've got an intermittently rough idle (perhaps linked to when the car is stopped on a slope, anyone got any ideas?) which is still around, but the new injectors have fixed the occasional drop in revs so at least my idle revs are steady. Hopefully the injectors will give me an extra 60kW once settled in, eh Pedro? :wink:

Merry Christmas to all the E30s out there!

Simon
December 27, 2008 09:08AM
Archeo-peteriX
Isn't that how you steer those things confused smiley

Nope, that's the throttle.

nomis3613
I'd love to help with the scientific testing Peter, but a couple of problems: my odometer needs new gears (slipping, so it under-reads) and I catch the train to work so a tank of gas usually lasts me over a month (some of you guys are probably crying when you read that!!). I dunno if I'll fill up again before they are fitted, so I won't have a baseline. But I'll see what I can do...

So, evaporation is probably a larger variable than your consumption before/after the swap.
December 27, 2008 08:01PM
Michiel 318iS
So, evaporation is probably a larger variable than your consumption before/after the swap.

Yeah, my fuel "consumption" is probably even more temperature dependent than Bob's!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login