Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New vs Rebuilt Rear Axles/CV Joints

Posted by Earendil 
June 10, 2009 11:09AM
Simply put, new rear axle/CV joint assemblies are over $300 a piece (so 600-700 for a set). A rebuilt one can be had for $80-$90. My car has near on 250,000 mi on it, so if it's a difference between them lasting 100,000 vs 200,000 miles, I really don't care. I have no desire to pay more for extra miles, as many other parts (or the engine) will fail before they do.

Bit if it's one of reliability and failure, that I am concerned about.
The rebuilds are from companies like A1 Cardone, ARC, and FEQ, all of which I have no experience with.

Thoughts?

~Tyler
In your case, my suggestion is to go with rebuild ones. You could also rebuild them yourself, but it's a very messy job, you might need a special tool or two, and if you haven't done it before it will take you a while.
rkj
Rebuilds are always a tricky solution. In your case it might be worth the risk though, can you research the product/rebuilder?

Rick
A1 Cardone has a good reputation. They make a myriad of rebuilt products for cars. I have used and seen their products. They enjoy a good reputation in the car parts industry.

alan
rkj
alanrw
A1 Cardone has a good reputation. They make a myriad of rebuilt products for cars. I have used and seen their products. They enjoy a good reputation in the car parts industry.

alan

That's one for them smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login